Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Regs Explained In Plain Engrish ;)

BBSS

Hi Guys.

Can anyone point me in the direction for obtaining some sort of guide in good old english for Grade 3 installations. Without me obtaining and going through the standard and trying to decipher it does anyone know of a guide that explains everything from Battery backup requirements, SAB monitoring, if specific contacts are required on a specific door i.e non flush on outward opening.

If anything exists it would be much appreciated.

What's the type of contact got to do with grading and what doors it is on?

To be honest the requirements are easier in the standard as they are all in pretty little tables.

I was under the impression that with a Flush contact on an outward opening door it could hinder a grade 3 system because of the ability to interfere with it from the outside via the opening leaf. This doesn't mean to say I've stuck to this as of yet because  I've not had to install flush contacts to a G3 System. Mathew I'm purely trying to understand the standard so best practice can be carried out and by publicly asking I'm hoping to achieve the right answers

Irrelevant. As long as it is a grade 3 flush then it's a grade 3 contact. Surface / flush doesn't matter.

There is no major difference in the design of a grade 2 or grade 3 system, the difference is that of the components at the end of the wires.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived