Security Installer Community

Bellbox Connections

welshnomad

Thank you again sixwheeledbeast.

I have temporarily dissed the strobe until the weather improves.  When it does I will probably bring the bellbox indoors and connect it to the CP for further investigation.

One question though.  Do you think it wothwhile performing a 'factory reset' of the CP?  If so how should I go about it? 

CP is Accenta8 mini G4.

Thanks

Regular participants in our Forums include hundreds of experienced Intruder Alarm/Access Control/CCTV/Fire Alarm engineers, and company representatives, combined we collectively cover every aspect of the UK electronic security Industry, but there are certain things we cannot advise about for obvious security reasons. After all, your system wouldn't be very secure if we told everyone how to default it, or issued engineer/installer manuals to everyone that asked.
So in light of this please do not ask for such things as they will not be given.

OK.  I understand.

I have the Engineer manual and know the Engineer Code so I will take it from there.  Perhaps it will tell me how to default the system.

Having said that, are you able to answer the question would it be worthwhile doing that?

Thanks

Not sure on this one, i met one panel that insisted you read the log before the strobe would cancel, and as the o/ p has the engineer code and fingers in, i aslo wonder has the strobe outpur been accidentally programmed to follow another function, or been inverted, as you can with Garftec ?

That is a hood reason to try a complete factory restore, but then you need to understsnd all the the attributes of zones and programming part set eccetera, or risk disabling your system or part of.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

GArfTec ? Own brand now is it Arf? Or just you using it :)

Turf talk ;)

Who marked my post as solved?

I would have thought that as the o/p that would be for me to select.

Anyway, quite a bit to digest there so I will go away and chew it over.

Thanks again for all the help.

That would be the site owner, he's a bit eccentric so we don't argue with him :!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived