Security Installer Community

Sensor Location Floorplan Check

MarkusG

Sensor has a range, look at paper work, curtain pole may not really affect its pick up , you could always experiment , stick pir up and see its pick up , after all your looking for movement coming from a certain direction in your house , unless they cut through a wall avoiding your sensor to get all your stash in those safe deposit boxes

Seems it's over complicated now just stick the sensor up man

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice chaps, I'm all setup and working and happy with what is detected on a walk test. 

The only thing I would like to query with you chaps is the Dual Tech in the garage is on the same wall as the up and over door as per the last diagram. If entering from the hall it detects you no problem at all. If you open the outside garage door obviously the door contact triggers but it then puts the garage door in a poisition to mask the PIR as its an up and over door. 

Would I be better off moving the sensor to an alternative location? I can't really see anywhere else that would offer better coverage to be honest!

Dual contact to garage door

Thanks Al, I assume that would be two separate zones to give a confirmed alarm if the door gets opened?

Bit random but what you using to draw these plans?

Shaun, its only drawn in sketchup www.sketchup.com nothing too fancy but you can crash something out in 10 mins or so.