Security Installer Community

Advice On A 6 Dome Cctv System

phillyd

Hi im looking for some advice on a cctv system for a house.

Im an electrician and pretty switched on, so I would like some expert advise on a kit I was quoted for just to make sure

Im getting a good quality camera and dvr for my application.

So basically I need 6 external night vision dome cameras, 4 at 20m range and 2 at 30m range with good quality image at night and day

a good dvr with 1tb at least. The domes will be mounted on the pvc suvit around the house.

So I would like some ones expert advice on this and tell me if the below spec and kit is good quality or good enough and a fair price for my application??

Look forward to hearing your comments, many thanks.

1x Orion 8 channel full D1, Realtime, Internet & Mobile Ready  at

4x Twilight series external vandal proof dome ultra high res 700tvl 20m ir  at each

cameras with SONY EFFIO 650/700TVL

2x Twilight series external dome camera 700tvl 2.8-11mm lens  at each

1x 1tb hdd fitted and configured into dvr  at

2x 5amp inline regulators at  each

2x 4way power splitter  each

No prices in public please

I'd say you've fallen at the first hurdle - the Orion DVR is widely available on fleebay and amazon.

Looks like a low cost tat box - point being, do you think you'll get support and updates from the manufacturer?

Everything is built to a price, but for some suppliers (and customers) that's the only consideration...

I'd consider something like a System Q Hero. That said I've never used one, just a hunch based on the lack

of a known manufacturer and the type of distribution they have.

I can't comment on your cameras, sorry.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention a constantly stuffed full to the brim HD is more likely to result in a data loss...

i know it slows down when maxxed didn't think a hd life was affected by how full ot was?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived