Security Installer Community

Gardtec Problems!

JregGT

Good afternoon folks, I'll try and describe my problems as clearly as possible as to avoid unnecessary confusion!

We moved into our first house recently where there is a G tag control panel, which looks to be a 480 through googling! An unmarked control panel in a cupboard upstairs and 5 wireless PIRs in the house/Garage.

Within the last couple of weeks, it has started to 'play' up. When the alarm has been set, either part or full, it had stopped going into pre arm when the sensor by the panel was activated, being wireless I thought it may of been a battery, but before I could try that (which I have since being home but will fill you in on that after this.) This morning (at 4.00am which was pleasant) when I came downstairs and 'unset' the alarm, it went into alarm, I entered our code and it the alarm stopped. My fiancée then went back to bed as I left and reset it for downstairs which it did quite happily. Then when she tried to leave for work it would not set and kept going into alarm. So I picked up some batteries on the way home thinking it may solve the problem.

Before changing the batteries, I tried the alarm again and it was still the same, would just constantly go into alarm, I have gone round and changed the batteries thoughout, but this hasn't changed matters! So at current, it is just sat there saying 'check garage' etc and when set for alarm, just goes off bananas!

If anybody could shine any light it would be massively appreciated.

cheers Rich

I'm guessing you have the engineer code then if you've changed the batteries?

Knowing very little about gardtec wireless, do they walk test correctly?

Don't think the 480 handles wireless natively so there must be another i/f box somewhere;

assuming that is OK and doesn't have the lid hanging off or filled with water or something

silly?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Righto folks, firstly, I have just been sat on the sette and the alarm has gone off randomly! Been well over an hour since i'd last touched it!

No engineers code, after a little research into changing the batterys, without it being a maintained system (as far as I know!) I had the master code, so took a cover off, entered the code, then changed all batteries and re entered the code. A couple of the sensors seemed to set a tamper, but not all which started to confuse me!

All sensors activate as you pass/wave infront of them.

Only other device I know of it the bellbox, no other node to speak of, just the control panel upstairs.

cheers Rich

Just a wireless PIR, that is the one that appears on the control panel when it goes into alarm, it says PIR Garage     L! then underneath Check.

I have checked it is back together properly, even put the original battery back in! Within a second or 2 of trying to set, just goes into alarm!

Rich

Yup, I can go through all back to the first at 4 this morning, can go further, but just says set then unset etc over the last x amount. It just reads as PIR (then the device) of which all 5 are present at some point and the time it occurred.

Each time it just says check.

cheers Rich

Listen catefully - i vill say this only vonce !

You don 't need the engineer code to replace any batteries.

I would change the. Control battery 1st, 3 smp 12 v from TLC Electrical or maplins.

Detectors.

flat batteries are indicated ny the activation LED red light flashing 3 times rapidly on sensing movement. Having done so it will 'sleep' for 4 minutes, walking into the room before hand will reset the timer back to 4 minutes.

Once the lid is lifted, if or not you replace fhe CR123A battery you have to stay clear of that room for 4 minutes, then activate the detector (by walking through it.)

Once the detector resets having been activated (so watch the light), only then it sends a 'tamper restore' to the control panel.

The above is definative - so write it down folks ;)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

cheers folks, will try this all now, all the batteries bar 1 now are new, so should I remove and replace again? As silly as it sounds the batteries are Duracell cr123 no A at the end? Would this cause any problems?

CR123A is specified, never seen a CR123 tbh.

Well I must admit I seemed a little strange, same specs on the Duracell battery to the Sanyo that was removed, so I guess its just duracells way of marking up its batteries. Just changed the garage battery, so giving it 4 minutes before walking back in.

Rich

Righto folks, we may be making some progress thanks to the advice. After removing/replacing the garage battery, leaving 4 mins and re activating, that seems to of cured the going off on setting! And now the panel is sitting happy with no 'warnings' Which firstly is brilliant fellas thanks. Next, we are back to the past couple of weeks observations!

I have set it to part-set and gone upstairs, and came back down to it, and it still isn't going into pre alarm, I could do a jig in the hallway and its not activating the count down? Is there now anything to look at regarding this?

Thanks once again fellas.

Rich

well as you moved in on an existing system, it may wel be programmed that way and requires alteration using the engineers code.

Not mandatory for the hall detector to work in part set, depends in the clients needs, some only have the lounge pir on to stop the kids slipping down after bedtime to watch telly.

cos its one way the hallway sensor will be asleep, you need to leave the area ie hallway till the sleep timer has expired before you walk back down

one way has no bearing James, afaik all wireless detectors 1 or 2 way armed or not, 'sleep' for a period after activation to save battery usage during unset periods.

cheers fellas, It has previously worked where coming down in the morning, would start the countdown. If i'm reading it properly, should it be a minimum of 4 minutes once again once I've gone upstairs for it to be active again?

cheers Rich

one way has no bearing James, afaik all wireless detectors 1 or 2 way armed or not, 'sleep' for a period after activation to save battery usage during unset periods.

no 2 way sensors sleep when unset, never sleep when set, well thats how the hkc wireless works, stops the above problem

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived