Security Installer Community

Policed Wireless I/a System

sjsturner

Doing a 18 zone quote for a garden centre.

The current system is a complete mess with jb's everywhere.

Seriously considering richochet for pir's with wired entry/exit contacts.

It would take about 2-3 days to wire the place but with wireless 1 day no problems.

What do fellow texecom installers think?

Also interesting the customer has ditched his external CCTV for Videofied with police response?

It was a decent system but he likes this complete wireless monitoring solution that he can move to another centre in a day and move back if he has staff problems.

!

Do it Willie, Ricochet is very good. I've just quoted for a few Bars that have been fitted out and they forgot the alarm, so it will be ricochet if we win it. Downside is I expect our price to be well over 1/3 more than any other wireless quote.

Doing a 18 zone quote for a garden centre.

The current system is a complete mess with jb's everywhere.

Seriously considering richochet for pir's with wired entry/exit contacts.

It would take about 2-3 days to wire the place but with wireless 1 day no problems.

What do fellow texecom installers think?

Also interesting the customer has ditched his external CCTV for Videofied with police response?

It was a decent system but he likes this complete wireless monitoring solution that he can move to another centre in a day and move back if he has staff problems.

I did a quote for a garden centre just after I restarted that's since closed down, lucky I didn't get it.

If it's anything like most, a succession of differing spec greenhouses with all wiring tie-wrapped to the poles, draughty as fook

with jbs as you say hanging off every corner, but otherwise a fairly open space, without having actually used Ricochet yet,

I'd say it sounds ideal with those wireless DTs...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Do it Willie, Ricochet is very good. I've just quoted for a few Bars that have been fitted out and they forgot the alarm, so it will be ricochet if we win it. Downside is I expect our price to be well over 1/3 more than any other wireless quote.

!

Do it Willie, Ricochet is very good. I've just quoted for a few Bars that have been fitted out and they forgot the alarm, so it will be ricochet if we win it. Downside is I expect our price to be well over 1/3 more than any other wireless quote.

Really thinking about going wireless for this tbh.

A 3 night shift job could be done in one night with a few hours to spare.

A few months ago gypos cut cables in places to 2 fire exits at a customers site on a Sunday.

To keep them up an running I installed a wireless receiver with 2 contacts and boom, 3 x arrests. All Risco equipment so matt will have a laugh!

Police caught them taking everything out the stores room fire exit.

Looking at the place it took around 3 days to get all cabled as customers just did your head in getting in your way and not moving!

It's just getting my head round that no faults will happen for callout etc...... But we have a lot of Risco on domestic and hardly any problems at all.

!

Really thinking about going wireless for this tbh.

A 3 night shift job could be done in one night with a few hours to spare.

A few months ago gypos cut cables in places to 2 fire exits at a customers site on a Sunday.

To keep them up an running I installed a wireless receiver with 2 contacts and boom, 3 x arrests. All Risco equipment so matt will have a laugh!

Police caught them taking everything out the stores room fire exit.

Looking at the place it took around 3 days to get all cabled as customers just did your head in getting in your way and not moving!

It's just getting my head round that no faults will happen for callout etc...... But we have a lot of Risco on domestic and hardly any problems at all.

We have a few fully loaded Ricochet jobs, never a peep out of them.

Archived