Security Installer Community

Premier 24 - Clear Battery Fault

Spider68

I have a Premier 24 that popped up a Battery Fault error after a recent power outage. On checking the battery I saw that the install date says it is 7 years old and it was not holding charge. So I replaced with an identical 7Ah unit which was charged up to 12.88V when I fitted it. But I cannot get the Battery Fault error to clear. I have tried switching the battery test config parameter from Timed->Disabled and back again but it doesn't seem to want to reset the battery fault state.

Is there some other clear/reset procedure or could there be something else wrong with the system? 

I did disconnect the PSU power to the board, but while the new battery was connected. You're saying that I should disconnect the battery and then disconnect the PSU power; and what order should I reconnect them? The Fine Manual is not very clear on the matter.  Will it only be the date+time that is affected, I don't want to have to reprogram all the zone settings.

All sorted.

I disconnected the PSU power, then disconnected the battery (outside alarm sounds), reconnect battery (but no power indication), reconnect PSU power (all lights up) and I'm back in business.

Thanks for all the help & advice.

Archived