Security Installer Community

Going Paperless For Rsi's...?

We're still on carbon copy pen and paper, personally I think we're well behind times.

We should be giving iPads a trail soon for the most frequent on site paperwork.

I've made a PDF form of our Preventative Maintenance sheet and planning on using PDF Expert app.

Our only worry is, with pen and paper, there is less chance of sensitive information being found. For example if you disconnect a system, this would be documented, normally this would be on the sheet you leave with the client, but using an iPad I would have to email the sheet to the office then they post the sheet. Criminal postman Pat could open their letter and see the alarm is disconnected and have their full address...

I suppose we could email the client the worksheet directly but some clients technology is a no-no. Barely having a mobile phone, let alone the world wide web..

Has anybody else gone paperless and how have you gone about it?

Thanks

We have gone totally paperless with iPad and the app has real time links into our arc and installer software. Works great. RIP Biro.

thanks, but surely the i.toy is a backward step? out of interest what i.os stuff do you use to run yourself? id guess and i may be wrong here but is all your serious stuff, ie 'mas' ms based ?

when will the ipad joke version be launched?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yup. The app talks to a windows service library run on a IIS7 server and that in turn talks to another IIS server which in turn talks to a ms SQL server.

MASweb is also run on IIS.

MAS runs all its platform in Microsoft products with the exception of the apps. One of the thins that make it expensive. We have ms SQL but MAS also runs on oracle.

iToy rulez

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I don't know specifically why they decided to have a set of web server services that the app calls and those services call other services server which in turn alls the database. I'm not sure why this architecture was chosen and I any other was tested and found not to work well. I don't know. My mail app on iToy talks to exchange very well too. Bit of a exchange admirer. I have an exciting life.

Well, back to the drawing board for me.

Just had an email that my bargain Xperia Androidpad isn't available. Bah.

JW do you have any experience of the Siemens SPC eng browser mode working on Fruitpad?

Only real reason I chose android was that I knew both SPC and iOn are fine with Chrome.

All the apps I was after work on android or ios anyway.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I can't say I understood any of that server database jibberish. Sounds pretty complex..

Quite logical really.

Same with everything I suppose. It's only complex if you don't understand it. Brain surgery is quite easy to a brain surgeon. Take it this kind of stuff below from SQL looks like Chinese?

select @icnt = count(*) from inserted

select @dcnt = count(*) from deleted

if @icnt = @dcnt select @tran_type = 'C'

if @icnt > @dcnt select @tran_type = 'A'

if @icnt < @dcnt select @tran_type = 'D'

select @table_no = 537

Archived