Security Installer Community

Remote Alarm Access

pbg75

There's no chance that I'd ever put internet connected cameras all around the house. And that agility kit is bad looking.

these are not IP cameras, they only take stills when triggered the send them over GSM or can use IP onto Risco's own cloud server.

and the Galaxy keypad is pretty by comparison? - if being aesthetic is more important then have you seen the Lighsys touch keypad in the flesh? it looks just like a an iPad or Samsung Tablet.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

ipads are massive if used as a rkp :)

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

these are not IP cameras, they only take stills when triggered the send them over GSM or can use IP onto Risco's own cloud server.

and the Galaxy keypad is pretty by comparison? - if being aesthetic is more important then have you seen the Lighsys touch keypad in the flesh? it looks just like a an iPad or Samsung Tablet.

The panel is connected by IP and the cameras are connected to the panel.   Could you be 100% sure that the camera is not capturing images in normal non alarmed state with a hacker at the other end.   Believe me, I have seen the state of the firmware in some of these panels and I wouldn't trust a connection with open cameras around the house when an internet connection is involved.

I wouldn't say the Galaxy is pretty, but less obtrusive in order to blend in.   I don't know why the manufacturers don't just have a small wall mounted touch pad with software based displays nowadays anyway. Kind of what the Galaxy TouchCenter is, but it's far too big and very old resistive screen tech.

skimm-T3JpZ2luYWxQYXRoPS92YXIvd3d3L2NsaW

The Galaxy TouchCenter is better, but still too big.   If this were flush wall mount, then it would be better. But I suppose some customers don't want you hacking away at their drywall.

The panel is connected by IP and the cameras are connected to the panel.   Could you be 100% sure that the camera is not capturing images in normal non alarmed state with a hacker at the other end.   Believe me, I have seen the state of the firmware in some of these panels and I wouldn't trust a connection with open cameras around the house when an internet connection is involved.

I wouldn't say the Galaxy is pretty, but less obtrusive in order to blend in.   I don't know why the manufacturers don't just have a small wall mounted touch pad with software based displays nowadays anyway. Kind of what the Galaxy TouchCenter is, but it's far too big and very old resistive screen tech.

While i'd agree anything connected to an outside line is subject to abuse or hacking, but this instal is to look at chickens, so privacy is not (sic) a worrying factor - unless one takes your fancy of course ;), for the same reason aesthetics is not an issue either - but for that Galaxy keypad to blend in anywhere with anything - it would need to be put through a juicer first!

skimm-T3JpZ2luYWxQYXRoPS92YXIvd3d3L2NsaW

The Galaxy TouchCenter is better, but still too big.   If this were flush wall mount, then it would be better. But I suppose some customers don't want you hacking away at their drywall.

i took this up with Risco at their seminar, as a recessed screen would be very attractive to upper end domestic, reason given they have not made that option available is should the keypad be later replaced,/altered in size etc. the damage could be extensive to repair.

tbh if i wanted to make it truly flush, making a frame for it would not be a problem, and as i pointed out those i tend to deal with are not overly bothered about what might happen 10 years in the future in this regard, it don't stop door entry monitors being made flush.

i took this up with Risco at their seminar, as a recessed screen would be very attractive to upper end domestic, reason given they have not made that option available is should the keypad be later replaced,/altered in size etc. the damage could be extensive to repair.

tbh if i wanted to make it truly flush, making a frame for it would not be a problem, and as i pointed out those i tend to deal with are not overly bothered about what might happen 10 years in the future in this regard, it don't stop door entry monitors being made flush.

Galaxy touchscreen is still better than the ricsco one arf which isn't really a touchscreen as we know it,only the keys are by the looks,and the gal mk 8 rkp is nice too has a I phone look to it ..gal ts can have customised screen too so no contest on that score imo

But isn't the mk8 just another instance of repackaging same old stuff? Mk8 is a mk7 with a new coat. You'd have thought that seen as it was over 10 years ago the mk7 appeared they could have done a bit more?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived