Security Installer Community

Remote Alarm Access

pbg75

The panel is connected by IP and the cameras are connected to the panel. Could you be 100% sure that the camera is not capturing images in normal non alarmed state with a hacker at the other end. Believe me, I have seen the state of the firmware in some of these panels and I wouldn't trust a connection with open cameras around the house when an internet connection is involved.

I wouldn't say the Galaxy is pretty, but less obtrusive in order to blend in. I don't know why the manufacturers don't just have a small wall mounted touch pad with software based displays nowadays anyway. Kind of what the Galaxy TouchCenter is, but it's far too big and very old resistive screen tech.

Matt this is not an 'open' camera, an authorised user has to have the remote code as well as a user code, and the authority level to cause the camera to take shots. those shots are only sent to the prescribed path. That is via cloud to a server, the server only allows secure access to stored data via again logging in.

i can't claim impervious, but would take a high level geek to get at any pictures that might be stored, now we get back to risk assessment and attracting such a level of competence needed by a criminal of such a high geek ability.

you views imho are a silly as scaremongering was, over the suggesting the possibility of catching VD from public toilet seat.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

skimm-T3JpZ2luYWxQYXRoPS92YXIvd3d3L2NsaW

The Galaxy TouchCenter is better, but still too big.   If this were flush wall mount, then it would be better. But I suppose some customers don't want you hacking away at their drywall.

to me that looks more like a digital picture frame, if that picture us upload able, i could make fortune out copy write of the wife's mothers smile - used as a deterrent!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I wouldn't say my views were silly. I am perfectly placed to understand what's actually happening under the hood with some of these systems. Just because the manufacturers delivered software requires a password mechanism to view images, this in no way guarantees the securtity of the underlying protocols and interfaces.  What you seem to be missing is that your average 14yr old geek now has the skillset to hack into these systems via IP and they don't do it for financial gain, they do it for fun!

It's just not like when you were a lad worrying about the public toilet seat anymore. If a system like this becomes compromised, it's the householder and their family's privacy that's at risk.

Archived