Security Installer Community

Access Control Help?!

eddiewhiteley

deleted post as info covered

am

Mnay thanks mate, tested on my desk and works perfect :)

cheers for your help!

iirc Paxton recommend a separate power supply for mag-locks

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

a bit harsh old boy

Not really. There are things you do as a diyer and there are things you let a pro do.

Putting some sealant is something I could do myself but playing with a boiler is a plumbers job. There is a time when you get the pro in and if someone can't wire up a simple relay and doesn't know what C NC NO means then that to me is an indicator that someone is way out of their depth.

You also don't get electrocuted by listening to Cubits advice.

iirc Paxton recommend a separate power supply for mag-locks

If he doesn't know how to wire a relay, multi power supplies isn't something I'd think would be his cup of tea?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Not really. There are things you do as a diyer and there are things you let a pro do.

Putting some sealant is something I could do myself but playing with a boiler is a plumbers job. There is a time when you get the pro in and if someone can't wire up a simple relay and doesn't know what C NC NO means then that to me is an indicator that someone is way out of their depth.You also don't get electrocuted by listening to Cubits advice.

If he doesn't know how to wire a relay, multi power supplies isn't something I'd think would be his cup of tea?

nothing overly technically hard about that, just join the negatives. took longer to say why you would not when showing how was quicker and more helpful ;).

Putting some sealant is something I could do myself but playing with a boiler is a plumbers job. There is a time when you get the pro in and if someone can't wire up a simple relay and doesn't know what C NC NO means then that to me is an indicator that someone is way out of their depth.You also don't get electrocuted by listening to Cubits advice.

we all started somewhere, i started with a single transistor switch design published in Every day Electronics, he is obviously keen and could read up on the internet about terminology used in electrical circuits and relays, he will learn from mistakes and make less of them if aided with a little guidance.

we all started somewhere,

I agree but the first think I learned with was a heap of scrap from B&Q. I didn't by a galaxy and jump in at the deep end.

he will learn from mistakes

Hopefully. Lets hope he sticks to 12v and not mains otherwise he might not get the chance to further his knowledge

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I agree but the first think I learned with was a heap of scrap from B&Q. I didn't by a galaxy and jump in at the deep end.

Hopefully. Lets hope he sticks to 12v and not mains otherwise he might not get the chance to further his knowledge

iirc last time see a Paxton kit - no engine was fitted tbh.

so do we close the public section, just in case a DIY'r having been shown how to wire up a door bell decides to now build and test build a propane filled rocket - because he can now wire and press that button with a source of ignition from the points of a buzzer?

better wipe that incase i give someone a bad idea :o(

Hmm. Diyer playing with pro kit :no:

If want to some water in my windscreen wipers I do it. If I want the engine changing I get a mechanic to do it.

You don't have to help in the DIY section same as a customer choosing to do it himself or get an engineer in.

If you don't agree with the kit and DIY don't post. :proud:

Archived