Security Installer Community

Texecom Com-Gsm

skywalker

i managed to get my boss to give me a COM-GSM for free to go with my elite 24 in my house. we have a few sites that use them, but they make up a very small minority so we don't have that much experience with them.

the deal for him giving it to me was for me to get my head around it, learn how it works, etc. because we've got a big multi site contract to do soon which will be using them.

i've got it setup nicely, using PC output 1 to open my front door and stuff. however the system doesn't seem to be letting me turn things off.

for example, if i text:
#### arm - the system arms. but if i type:
#### disarm - the system stays armed and doesn't disarm.

same for PC outputs. if i text it:
#### op on 1 - PC output 1 turns on. but if i text
#### op off 1 - pc output stays on and doesn't turn off!

also, if i try to pulse PC output 1 by sending:
#### op on 1 p - i get nothing :(

anybody got any ideas?

thanks! :)

1005613_10201547538120388_1658057982_n.j

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the COM-GSM units on the contract coming up are not going to be for reporting alarms. there will be a dualcom for that. the COM-GSM will be fore remote UDL, and so the head office can see which users have used which systems in which buildings.

the COM-GSM will be fore remote UDL, and so the head office can see which users have used which systems in which buildings.

unless they have been updated ain't the panel got only one udl code?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Wouldn't it be easier (and far cheaper) just to fit a signalling product that could do it all in one and save the hassle?

i'm just a mere installer, i don't have a say about what gets put in!

i'm just a mere installer, i don't have a say about what gets put in!

I think those com gsm things are expensive, second sim rental, no polling, no backup path, slow as its over mobile network etc etc

Not seen one myself. With the price of it being top $ and dual path singling being half the price never explored it further.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I think those com gsm things are expensive, second sim rental, no polling, no backup path, slow as its over mobile network etc etc

Not seen one myself. With the price of it being top $ and dual path singling being half the price never explored it further.

hence why we only currently have about 3 sites (domestic) with them.

i don't know a lot about the works we'll be doing, but i'm sure there is a good reason for using them.

i managed to get my boss to give me a COM-GSM for free to go with my elite 24 in my house. we have a few sites that use them, but they make up a very small minority so we don't have that much experience with them.

the deal for him giving it to me was for me to get my head around it, learn how it works, etc. because we've got a big multi site contract to do soon which will be using them.

i've got it setup nicely, using PC output 1 to open my front door and stuff. however the system doesn't seem to be letting me turn things off.

for example, if i text:

#### arm - the system arms. but if i type:

#### disarm - the system stays armed and doesn't disarm.

same for PC outputs. if i text it:

#### op on 1 - PC output 1 turns on. but if i text

#### op off 1 - pc output stays on and doesn't turn off!

also, if i try to pulse PC output 1 by sending:

#### op on 1 p - i get nothing :(

anybody got any ideas?

thanks! :)

1005613_10201547538120388_1658057982_n.j

What firmware is in the panel?

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Archived