Security Installer Community

Adpro

skywalker

Hi, i don't have much experience with adpro, but the company i work for is starting to take on some quite big systems, industrial estates, schools, etc and a lot of them have ADPRO units intalled for remote monitoring.

on new installs we do, if remote monitoring is needed, we use DM DS2s, so i've not really done anything with adpro apart from check that its sending signals on a few services.

i have a few questions:

1: why do you need a seperate DVR? from the spec sheet of adpro that i found on the internet, it is just a high end DVR with its own storage, but on each and every site i've been to with an ADPRO system, there is also a second DVR. the cameras loop through the adpro and into the dvr. but i've never seen the dvr connected to any external sensors or the control lines of PTZs - so it seems a bit pointless to me really?

2: why adpro? they seem really expensive, when there are other alternatives (like DS2s) that cost less.

3: is there anything i should know about them? such as odd perks that may cause me problems if i don't know about them?

on this site i was servicing, we needed to replace the batteries in the UPS which meant a power down of the adpro and everything else.

when we powered it back up, the adpro decided it was armed and so started sending signals to the ARC, which we weren't told about until after we left site and got to another job...

setting an unsetting the intruder alarm system didn't work... until we discovered that the two units next door also shared the alarm (and adpro) and all had to be set to arm the adpro. (recent site takeover)

270898_10201184219717655_107373971_n.jpg... didn't help that the wiring was a mess!

also, does anybody have an engineers manual they'd be able to send me? i'd like to learn about them so that if(when) i actually need to do modifications/fixes to a system with one installed, i'll have some sort of idea of what to do!

thanks in advance!

(i did try to post in engineers section but it wouldn't let me, hence why its in this section)

The units you have seen are probably FastTx, they are transmitters only and have no hard drives

http://xtralis.com/product_view.cfm?product_id=36

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Adpro does whist it says on the tin. With the experiences of ds2s we have I wouldn't trust them to prop open a door. They seem so unreliable for the money they cost and specification just don't add up.

Adpro have fasttrace and fastvu. Trace has DVR in, vu just transmits to arc.

I do agree they are overpriced for what they are.

Trade access can be gain right here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/forum-trade-access.html

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

i applied for trade status a while ago, so i'm just waiting on the admin to approve it now!

The units you have seen are probably FastTx, they are transmitters only and have no hard drives

http://xtralis.com/product_view.cfm?product_id=36

ah yes, that'd make sense!
so with the fastTX units, does that mean the ARC can't see images leading up to the event? or does it have some sort of small buffer memory?

Adpro does whist it says on the tin. With the experiences of ds2s we have I wouldn't trust them to prop open a door. They seem so unreliable for the money they cost and specification just don't add up.

Adpro have fasttrace and fastvu. Trace has DVR in, vu just transmits to arc.
I do agree they are overpriced for what they are.
Trade access can be gain right here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/forum-trade-access.html

what problems have you faced with DS2s? i didn't like them at first, they seemed way too overcomplicated to program. but after a lot of time messing about with one at the office, i've finally gotten my head around them and quite like them now. never had any issues so far so would be interested as to the issues you've had.

does anybody know how i can change my picture on here? i've looked around the user CP and can't seem to find the option :S

Need rebooting too frequently

Footage takes forever to get off compared to other systems

Lock up for no reason and as we have 8418 systems we get the notification and have to do something about it

Not related to the top 3 issues but they are 2-3 times more expensive than the equivilent in UTC products and the UTC products have non of the issues.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Need rebooting too frequently

Footage takes forever to get off compared to other systems

Lock up for no reason and as we have 8418 systems we get the notification and have to do something about it

Not related to the top 3 issues but they are 2-3 times more expensive than the equivilent in UTC products and the UTC products have non of the issues.

what do you use instead out of interest?

Archived