Security Installer Community

Pyronix Euro Mini

Hi everyone out there in Alarm land.

I am an Electronics engineer by trade and have been asked to install a Pyronix Euro Mini kit for a member of my family, which seemed pretty straight forward enough until I came across various  Alarm/Tamper  options.

I have looked at the various circuits and decided on the 4k7 Alarm and 2k2 tamper option as it looks the easiest putting  the alarm and tamper circuits in series

I understand the double pole and EOL 4k7 and 2k2 tamper circuits on the PIRs, but  this made me scratch my head when  I thought about putting 3 PIRs onto 1 zone.  If 2 PIRs on the same zone were triggered then surely the resistance would then be 9k4 and if all 3 PIRs on the same zone triggered, this would equate to 14.1K.  Would this odd resistance confuse the system or is there not much chance of triggering 2 or more PIRs in sequence?

Basically I want to be able to unset zone 1 at night time so as to be able to make it to the toilet without setting the alarm off, whilst the other zones are all still active.

Is putting 2 or more PIRs on the same zone bad practice nowadays, if so, is there a way of programming the Euro Mini control panel to see 3 separate PIR zones  as 1 zone?

I am also putting 2 pet PIRs into a couple of zones.  Looking at the pickup angles of the pet PIRs, it says to mount them at 1.5m height as they have a large horizontal angle, but not much vertical angle.   Is it best to  mount the pet PIR high up and angle it down, or again is this bad practice, as mounting them at 1.5m up won't look too nice and isn't very practical !!

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

1 zone == 1 device, with very little exceptions.

The system should be programmed to control different zones via part arms for bedtime/toilet etc

Do not angle PIR's down this stops the specially designed IR pattern doing it's job correctly.

After trawling the internet for schematics and finding various diagrams for multi PIRs on 1 zone, I'd like to thank you for answering my question so quick. 1 PIR per zone is the way to go and has saved me a lot of problem diagnosing afterwards. cheers for that.

The main reasoning behind it is so if there is a detector causing problems, you know which is false alarming. A luxury you don't get when more than one per zone making diagnostics practically impossible.

The rules do allow certain devices to be more than 1 per zone such as door contacts but even though its allowed I think most shy away from it. Not that it's applicable to your set up but for police response, multiple devices on the same zone would never get the police out to an alarm so the idea has died of death over time.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

multipal powered devices on single zone on new install is a silly idea,

pir's work best at the height stated, what product have you got that states 1.5m ?

After trawling the internet for schematics and finding various diagrams for multi PIRs on 1 zone,

remember its product dependant, the old euro was modded from one eol device to 3 IIRC I'd read the book or bench test before you wire.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived