Security Installer Community

Working Hours And Rest Time

Oxo

Without, oh sod it hang on...............

post-39870-0-00019900-1370172579_thumb.j

See that bit about 5 Seconds ???

Which is slightly less than the settling time.

This means you see the shock(s) open and then it sets.

Congrats, you are there.

It`s Millers time!!   Actually as it is past 12 its stella time!!

We've just gone from the change of being on nights for a week to doing it on a daily basis ( week in 6 to a day in 6 now ). We had to fight with management about lay off time. The work directive clearly states 8 hours lay off time from getting back home. For all the engineers out there who don't take the lay off time and play the "hero" were you to have an accident the following day YOU will be liable as YOU were in an unfit state to drive. Health and safety will also be over your company like a bad rash. Personally I have a family and mortgage to look after and there's no way I will put MYSELF at risk. An engineer can be replaced .... Life can't

Although I can see the point here.

Once you come out of your insulated world, step into the real one. You will find that trying to get that particular rule enforced is a shortcut to to the Job Centre.

I`m still battling for a Solo test kit, I think I`ll leave this one for the time being.

Ox .... I don't live in an insulated world. 17 years service with same company must mean something in today's real world as you put it. At end of day I have family and kids that mean much more to me then lining somebody else's pocket with money. You carry on playing the hero to impress your boss .... Funny how after many consultation meetings with management it was agreed 8 hours lay off time .... Why did they agree it ?? .... Because they knew if they didn't they would be breaking the work directive. They were clever though as as goncall said its should be 11 hours but that's if it's classified as a shift. They cleverly changed it from night shift to call out rota. Trust me they looked deep into it as they first suggested hour for hour after midnight.

I`m still battling for a Solo test kit, I think I`ll leave this one for the time being.

I'm sure if you needed one pj would buy you one.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived