Security Installer Community

Vulnerabilities In Ip Alarm Signalling Protocols

the interesting claim- send an alarm for all systems at the ARC w/o revealing an IP(I assume range of accounts on mass or randoms a/c) just need to know the receivers IP & ports no.s

if the protocol is weakness it won't just be the one manufacturer?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

As far as I know, the protocol is mainly used by Alphatronics gear, ENAI make receivers that support the protocol.

It doesn't look like the receiver cares about the source IP - only what is in the packet at a higher level.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

Well - part of the problem is that those that rely on IP signalling don't seem to want to say what they use. Some deny using it, others won't comment.

As MrHappy has shown, Alphatronics own systems use it. 

ENAI who are also big in NL make receivers for this protocol.

I think it's the best kept secret which 2 IP signalling platforms we use. :proud:

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I guess the thing is, how would anyone know if the protocol the use is actually secure or not? If they weren't, could they be updated?

Matt, I know at least one of the people you use takes security very seriously. Would still be interesting to have a go at their signalling though!

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

I guess the thing is, how would anyone know if the protocol the use is actually secure or not? If they weren't, could they be updated?

Matt, I know at least one of the people you use takes security very seriously. Would still be interesting to have a go at their signalling though!

If you want to try a stress test I'd be more than happy to provide you with a unit into our receivers.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I have no security concerns at all our preferred signalling is webwayone

The nerd in the video was asking for kit to play with, you sending him some new toys ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Even the top end TCD's can be compromised. Many are Linux based and once root is gained and init reset watchdogs bypassed, then a whole host of information is available to a would be attacker.

Nothing is 100% secure.  :(

Archived