Security Installer Community

Hello From A Security Researcher

cybergibbons

Unidirectional doesn't need to be bad. It just makes implementing many things much harder. Encryption is awkward because key exchange is complicated. 2-way makes things much easier and allows many additional features.

PowerG is more interesting but for some reason they heavily crippled the FHSS used here.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

cyber. I only just read your blog.

You seem to want open and honest debate here but reading your blog you have already made you mind up. We are all the same in this industry and closed to anything.

There is no hope for us as an industry from what you  say?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Until this exchange on this forum, there was literally no budge on it - the clear line was that the manufacturers that did respond didn't care about vulnerabilities.

I write to stir a response, otherwise nothing would happen.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

I think JW is pointing out that if you are so fixed in your position then you wouldn't be likely to garner much industry support,

I guess the question is 'has your opinion changed?' 

You can probably tell there is much effort going into improving the industry from within, these things can take some time though.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

I think JW is pointing out that if you are so fixed in your position then you wouldn't be likely to garner much industry support,

I guess the question is 'has your opinion changed?' 

You can probably tell there is much effort going into improving the industry from within, these things can take some time though.

You're such a diplomat!

You make a fair point joe. There is a lot we on the inside do over and above the rules because it's the right thing to do rather than do it because we are told to.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived