Security Installer Community

Must Have A Deviation So It'll Be Fine

Matt. Congrats you never put this one in public. The socket pic was due to Dias being removed, seen it loads and the blockwork indicates WIP the installer probably isn't even aware.

What's Dias? Is it allowed to have the cables bent over and slung on the floor?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I thought "Name and Shame Area" was public.

I do agree the installer probably hasn't got a clue this has happened, yet.

Hopefully when/if they do find next maintenance, a shroud, fire proof fixings and red gland will be used.

However the customer probably isn't arsed what happens.

of course it is,the roof isn't even finished
I gathered that. What made me curious was I noticed a few fire exits where the call points were missing which made me think as I'm just a member of the public in a shop I wasn't aware that having wip meant you didn't need a working fire alarm?
I thought "Name and Shame Area" was public.I do agree the installer probably hasn't got a clue this has happened, yet.Hopefully when/if they do find next maintenance, a shroud, fire proof fixings and red gland will be used.However the customer probably isn't arsed what happens.
That was my point, I don't think the installer has a clue that their system has been played with. That's something I've always found a bit storage about fire, no tampers.

I gathered that. What made me curious was I noticed a few fire exits where the call points were missing which made me think as I'm just a member of the public in a shop I wasn't aware that having wip meant you didn't need a working fire alarm?

That was my point, I don't think the installer has a clue that their system has been played with. That's something I've always found a bit storage about fire, no tampers.

See it all the time,builders just diss everything that's in their way customers dont know or care half the time and expect it back on the wall when you turn up coz the builder said we would

At least with the intruder we get a tamper and the panel locks out to call us.

Builders have ripped our readers, detectors etc off the wall but the tamper has told us. Worries me builder can rearrange a system I'm liable for without even knowing a thing. We do wire fire fault so we get a signal. It doesn't tell us what but at least there is a record of something happening.

At least with the intruder we get a tamper and the panel locks out to call us.

Builders have ripped our readers, detectors etc off the wall but the tamper has told us. Worries me builder can rearrange a system I'm liable for without even knowing a thing. We do wire fire fault so we get a signal. It doesn't tell us what but at least there is a record of something happening.

How are you liable..unauthorized work would be covered in your t&cs

It is, in grate detail but the thing is, how would we even be aware that it happened?

compare it with the spec,unless the spec said mcp to be fitted above door..if they move it and don't say..it's not your problem when it all goes wrong,unless you missd it on a Rri of course,hence the reason for real ri,s imo

or prove you didn't do it? Also you won't get a fault from an MCP that has been crow bared off the wall and left above a ceiling.
Kind of hope they break the cable to get a fire fault but agreed not always going to happen.
compare it with the spec,unless the spec said mcp to be fitted above door..if they move it and don't say..it's not your problem when it all goes wrong,unless you missd it on a Rri of course,hence the reason for real ri,s imo
That's a very good point, didn't think of that, the device MIGHT be in a different location to the spec.Doesn't deal with it being refitted in the same place. Not thought too much about it in the past but got me thinking.

Archived