Security Installer Community

Watch Out...

Did anyone see Neighbourhood Watch on the BBC last night?

It showed a housing association dealing with some jeeremy kyle family - The investigation was led by ex-dibble Alan Kibble who is now a tenancy officer for the housing association.

Part way through the programme they fit coverts in an empty house looking at all the houses opposite 'to keep an eye on any anti-social behaviour'.  They were then seen reviewing the footage and showing the view inside a property from the camera and zoomed in on the window in question to say 'yeah look, lots of activity in there'.

I assume these guys are SIA licenced of course for the public space they were monitoring?

If so though they would understand that they are not allowed to look into the properties in that way.

Footage such as this is what damages the pubic perception of the industry when we are trying hard to fit systems that are fit for purpose, secure and non-intrusive.

What do you reckon?

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Fair point JW - Are void properties still classed as domestic when a business fits coverts in them though?

Its an empty domestic isnt it?

ie the building type is still a dwelling. Like an empty shop is still a commercial property? But i havnt looked at the wording in that much detail

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

yeah I watched that and was thinking the same.

Shame about the family with the bloke that has a brain cancer though poor bloke.

Aye - I thought the way the association handled it given their loss of the baby was very poor.  For them to hide behind needing a bit of paper from a doctor to go ahead was just pathetic.  That family did not need that extra stress and worry and that time can not be clawed back now.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Yes, she was a tw at, effing jobsworth brain dead cow.

As for the camera, i dont see anything wrong with it, other than they were *****.

If the nobheads need an eye keeping on them, then so be it.

There was a valid reason to watch these scroats.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Footage such as this is what damages the pubic perception of the industry when we are trying hard to fit systems that are fit for purpose, secure and non-intrusive.

im sure the neighbours agree,footage such as that shows that some people wouldnt be missed if they were lined up against a wall somewhere..

Archived