Security Installer Community

Countess Alarm

Hi, just want to introduce myself as this is my first post. As with any first post I found you all by googling for help on the Countess Alarm we have in the new house we have just bought! 

Unfortunately on moving in I hit a key thing new the door and set the alarm off. Since no-one, incl the family of the previous owner, knew the code for the alarm we had to turn it off at the mains. All being well until I came home yesterday to find a lovely burglar in my conservatory who know owns my car and multiple other items (yes a little annoyed).

Anyway the neighbours told me the same thing had happened a couple of years ago which I assume is why the house has an alarm.

How would I go about getting the alarm reset so I can start using this? The police mentioned burglars come back within a couple of months after people have claimed on the insurance (true or not I don't really want to find out) and they target movers as our items are in boxes and easy to move (yep got us there).

I'm in the Romford Essex area.

Many thanks for any advice.

It depends on what panel you have . As you don't have the code I suggest you ring around local approved firms and get prices. Bare in mind some will not touch systems without a contract or that they aren't familer with.

Some panels can be locked and may not default codes. But it's worth a try.

Post a pic of the panel and we could assist further.

Thanks for the advice, it is definitely old, the box is huge. How much would an upgrade cost? I would love to do this but might take a while to replace everything. Nightmare two days.

I would get quotes in to upgrade the system tbh.
Where are you based?

Giddea Park way. Completely new to the area. I'll google local ssaib or nacoss to see if they can help as an immediate solution while I sort an upgrade out. The whole house is a little 70s.

It really depends on how many devices you have and what you want.

Up here in the north I would say around £1000 for a new system but it varies

In all honesty its my first house and ive no clue other than as a deterrent. I've googled a few numbers and ill try them tomorrow. Many thanks all.

If I can get a picture - it was a bit dark for a half decent image tonight - i'll post just to see if anyone can recognise. I have a manual but can see no distinguishing marks or codes on it.

Hopefully thats an end to this weeks bad luck :)

Archived