Security Installer Community

G2 Siren Current Draw (Again)

Driller

yes the individuals can handle that but if you add all that up you will see its overloads your panel. Some panels have 1A psu's and need 500mA for the battery so you only have 500mA total available for devices.

ie you drilling machine has a load of ports id guess but how many drills can it handle concurrently.

I take your point James but in that case why on earth do they bother speccing each supply/output seperately if this is not the thing to pay attention too?

It does say (and I remember mentioning this before lol) "PSU Max total load 1.4A in which case there surely can't be a problem...

I have a powered RIO fitted below the G2 but not connected yet so I'll hook the internal siren up to that when I get back from holiday.

As many as he can charge for :D

Check out the grin, it works :P

Thinking about it they use Air Tools. So as many as needed.

Hey, 1 drill in each hand is just being efficient :D

If you're interested though (!) one is an air turbine, then there are two electric/electronic micromotors and an ultrasonic scaler.

It's all controlled electronically from a touchscreen on the unit and although I can (and often do) have instruments connected to all of them at once, the control unit only allows one to be used at a time.

It's the cart on the left (again, if you're interested! :P)

P1000688.jpg

ok so 1.4A panel but what can it support output wise? They list the individuals so you dont overload a single output.

Plus bear in mind if running fromthe rio it will take its draw from whatever is supplying that. Plus you output rating are sinks not sources where are you getting the 12v+ from for those outputs?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

ok so 1.4A panel but what can it support output wise? They list the individuals so you dont overload a single output.

Plus bear in mind if running fromthe rio it will take its draw from whatever is supplying that. Plus you output rating are sinks not sources where are you getting the 12v+ from for those outputs?

The RIO is powered and I know from memory that the onboard PSU is rated at 2.75A.  

On the G2 the 12V is coming from the Bell12V+ (rated at 500mA) for the external Siren and Aux12V+ (also 500mA) for the internal one.

As usual I will follow you guy's advice to the letter obviously, I'd just like to understand that's all.

Yeah, I do have a memory of it somewhere :ninja: Are the actual current draws on these sirens likely to be that much different in reality compared to the spec sheet?

we rarely saw more than 600Ma in total with everything going.

Ah so its a power rio, sorry i thought it was just a rio board. In that case yes run the bells from your power rio.

Ok sounds good.  Just out of interest though what if I powered both bells from the RIO but still used the -ve tamper return on the G2 for the external siren?  

Bad idea right?

we rarely saw more than 600Ma in total with everything going.

That's precious information, thanks for sharing :)

Ok sounds good.  Just out of interest though what if I powered both bells from the RIO but still used the -ve tamper return on the G2 for the external siren?  

Bad idea right?

As long as you common your -ve's between power rio and panel then no

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If you're interested though (!) one is an air turbine, then there are two electric/electronic micromotors and an ultrasonic scaler.

Your place makes my dentist look like a back street merchant!

But I do my best for flossing and all the better toothpastes.

Got a cure for Beauvoir breath?

OK, I'll do that, thanks James.

Oxo, well it's the dentist that counts I guess but it's nice to give a good impression.  Implant surgery room through the sliding door at the back.  

Sterilisation room (instrument cart touch screen can be seen on the left):

P1000681.jpg

The flatscreen above the chair will be great for catching Rugby/football world cups but it's normally showing Bluerays of tropical fish etc with relaxing music.

(Dodgy breath is usually due to bacteria on the tongue: take a teaspoon and scrape towards the back then drag what you get forwards and smell it, if it's nasty then scrape more often.  Very exotic, don't swallow the spoon :P  Otherwise more flossing, drink more water and quit smoking if you smoke.  Oh yeah and fancy toothpastes won't do anything except lighten your wallet)

Archived