Security Installer Community

Help Please With Risco Gt601 Panel & Iwise 815Dtg3 Pir Sensors

kevshek

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can assist with some wiring help on a Risco GT601 Panel and iwise 815DTG3 PIR sensor system. Basically, this alarm system has been removed from one unit to be reinstalled into another unit by myself. I did not install this originally nor am i an alarm engineer, but i figure if the sensor are wired back the way they were removed, then it should work or at least need minimalfuss to get it going. I left all the wiring attached to their respective parts and just cut off a foot of wiring to preserve the way it was installed. New wiring was then used in the reinstall, following the same colour configuration as before.

My querey is this. On opening and looking at the wiring in a PIR sensor, i can see RED & Black are used for 12 volt power, Green used for Alarm, White used for Tamper and SET is linked to the 12 volt Live feed. Both YELLOW & BLUE are not used or connected in any way. (see pic)

Upon opening the control panel, the zones wired to the PIRs have only YELLOW & BLUE wires connected. All the Red & Black are grouped to provide power from the PSU, the Green & Whites are grouped but dont seem to be connected to anything. (see pics)

How are these PIR sensors meant to trigger off the alarm? Or am i missing something here?

It just looks like the sensors have been installed and powered to look like they work, but will not trigger off anything. How are they supposed to be wired.

Thanks

post-45039-0-25876700-1359141787_thumb.j

post-45039-0-12006000-1359141798_thumb.j

Look a little closer because it looks to me like the installer has used different colour pairs for the alarm loops (I can see at least 4 different colour pairings in the zone terminals of the panel from your photo) Looks like the sensor you have opened was connected to zone 8 on the panel, which should give you a clue ;) If you look in some of the other detectors, you'll find most of them will be wired in blue and yellow. If not, then the installer has done some joining between the panel and detectors.

To be honest, no offence intended but if you are struggling with the zone wiring, how do you plan to get the rest of the system up and running? Do you have to engineer code so that you can make programming changes? Or are you just planning to match everything up as it was in the old unit? I think finding an installer that is well versed in Risco equipment and is willing to take on the re-install would be a worthwhile investment!

Trade Member

The links are set correctly for Risco/Gardtec (6K8 shunt and 4K7 EOL). Yep, the link is to disable antimasking.

Wouldn't say they didn't know what they were doing as such, they were just a little untidy and misguided perhaps.

Trade Member

The pos link is to disable the mask permanently, if you look at the termination it is not connected to report mask. You need to fit this link on iwise or the detecor shows tamper or open circuit (can't remember) if masked.

Beat me to it Scott

Archived