Security Installer Community

Alarm Wont Stop

hi weve got a omnicron 7000 alarm on our house, we having used it since we moved in and dont know how long its not been used for, but its started to go off on its own, the box in the house goes of for 20 mins then waits 20 mins then starts again, the tenents b4 us didnt leave a number for it and we cant get hold of them, so any help will be good thanks.

That has been in a while!

There is an issue causing it to do this which will require access into the control panel and some rectification work being done. To stop the ringing the sensible thing to do would be downpower the system if you don't use it but that isn't something that I would encourage you to do as it involves disconnecting the live mains.

If the system is downpowered the outside bell has a battery too that will ring the bell if you downpower the system. Again as this would require ladder use, my best advice would be to get a local alarm company to come and do this for you as they have the tools and the knowledge to do this task with ease and could be done for a very small callout fee rather than doing risky things yourself.

Hope this helps.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

contact a local firm for a service would be my advise to stop it for the moment locate the panel and take the cover off and discount the battery (properly dead anyway) and take the fuse out of the spur that should be located near the panel.

*Should* This is a DIY panel so it's probably got a bit of 8 core from it to the shower fuse, hence why I wasn't going to jump in and advise someone who wasn't competant to play with it. If it was an approved co that did it I would follow the same advice but do you think Danny DIY bothered to put an unswitched spur in with a 3a fuse?

What is a "small " call out fee?

I know of companies that would do this around the £40 mark. (Non approved but do house alarms) I'd rather pay £40 than play with something I know nowt about and risk myself glowing like a fairy light when I touch something that a DIYer didn't fit correctly.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

0123 1234 these panels notoriously default to the factory code

*Should* This is a DIY panel so it's probably got a bit of 8 core from it to the shower fuse, hence why I wasn't going to jump in and advise someone who wasn't competant to play with it. If it was an approved co that did it I would follow the same advice but do you think Danny DIY bothered to put an unswitched spur in with a 3a fuse?

I know of companies that would do this around the £40 mark. (Non approved but do house alarms) I'd rather pay £40 than play with something I know nowt about and risk myself glowing like a fairy light when I touch something that a DIYer didn't fit correctly.

£95 round these parts

Archived