Security Installer Community

Samsung Dvrs

energysolutions

Looks like I was almost caught with my pants down with this kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-CCTV-Kit-SDE-3003-4-Channel-real-time-DVR-with-2-High-Resolution-Camears-/160894908783?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item257615796f

I assumed it was IP/ethernet but on closer inspection it appears that its simply a regular camera/DVR combination that uses Cat5e cable and RJ45 plugs (picture and power are all sent down the same cable) rather than the conventional RG59 and BNC connectors

Ahh it`s like the old Panasonic stuff.

You can mess about and BNC it (Had to swap the HDD unit but keep the cams )???) a few yrs back)), but not for a new install.

Yeah I was thinking it may be possible to "hack" it so a regular camera could be connected via BNC but I reckon I`ll have a look at other tackle instead

Each to their own but i wouldnt buy anything serious on ebay. I do use it to off load rubbish though.

I wouldnt purchase anything used from ebay but if its new and its the model I`m after I`ll most likely take the plunge

Sorry I thought we were in the trade area.

Which ever you go for aslong as your happy with it that's the main thing . Rather than getting something that works but is a pain to operate.

Thats the tricky part - as i have never operated any of the DVRs discussed I have no idea as to how hard or easy to use they are which is why I was hoping someone here could vouch for them

Archived