Security Installer Community

Samsung Dvrs

energysolutions

Hi Guys

i woud appreciate any input on two Samsung DVRs I am having trouble deciding between

The requirements are a decent branded 4 channel DVR with quality drives and warranty, network connectivity/remote access and preferably smartphone viewing via an app - being as simple to operate as possible would be a bonus too which is why I`m going with a big name as I`ve found some of the cheaper less well known DVRs hard to operate

Ive narrowed it down to these pair:

Option one is a Samsung SRD 440 - appears to be relatively new product but has network connectivity, "Ipolis" app and the other bits Ive mentioned - it states that recording up to 4 CIF or D1 is possible using H.264

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMSUNG-4CH-CCTV-DVR-SRD-440-500GIG-DIGITAL-VIDEO-RECORDER-SYSTEM-SRD-440-UK-/221123456590?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item337bfc2e4e

Option two is a Samsung SHR 6042 - seems to have all the same features as before except it also has a DVD drive and web server (does this make remote access easier?) - it doesnt say but I assume that it can be viewed using the "Ipolis" app too. It also states that recording is MPEG4 and CIF, half D1 and full D1 is possible

http://www.selecsecurityproducts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=273

Any pointers would be helpful - cheers

I was not having a pop at you.

No worries, I didn`t think you were

Ive had a look at the System Q products and the Alien 214 appears to fit the bill but doesnt come with a HDD and is out of stock - the DSD106G is in stock and seems to have everything that the 214 does as well as a fitted HDD and built in screen - its also in stock

So are these the universally accepted to be a good unit? Easy to use?

Used a few Samsung, not too bad.

Do SQ not fit a HDD as an extra?

It doesnt say one way or the other

As they (Samsung & System Q) are both around the same price the question is which is the better unit?

I would rate ease of use as the most important followed by remote connectivity (are there issues using some Apple products to remote view? I assume an app would sort this hence why I want to be sure)

It looks like both the System Q and Samsung both have web servers - am I correct in saying that this effectively transmits the CCTV footage to a remote website somewhere and you view via that site as opposed to logging into the DVR itself and having to enable port forwarding, DDNS for dynamic IPs etc etc?

Archived