Security Installer Community

Texecom 24 Premier - Chime Whilst Alarm Set?

Hi All,

I've just had my shed burgled last week so now I have ran a cable down to my gate so I can get a chime going off when someone enters the garden.

But it works OK when the alarm is not set but does not chime when set. So does anyone know if this is a setting or by design? I'd like it to chime when Im in bed when the alarm is set..

Thanks all,

Col

Hi, Thanks for the reply...

I've put some external reed switches on the gate leading into the garden. Not got round to doing the shed.

So all I wanted really was for the gate to chime when its opened.

Looking on Ebay I could just get another cheap alarm box and wire that up permanantly I suppose. It just would have been nice to have whats in already chime whenever the gate is opened and if the alarm is armed or not... But I dont want it as part of the arming (at the moment I am part arming which is ok)

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Col

I don't normally get involved DIY questions but 1 solution could be to put the gate in a seperate group to the house so you're only setting the house group rather than everything which shouldn't affect the chime (because you're not setting the gate group) - but I don't know the texecom panels really so not sure if it has groups etc

I don't normally get involved DIY questions but 1 solution could be to put the gate in a seperate group to the house so you're only setting the house group rather than everything which shouldn't affect the chime (because you're not setting the gate group) - but I don't know the texecom panels really so not sure if it has groups etc

The premier 24 is a single group system, the new 24 elite panels have 2 groups.

You could fit a buzzer connected to an output programmed as zone x mimic, where x is the zone number of the gate, and program zone x as not used.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

You could fit a buzzer connected to an output programmed as zone x mimic, where x is the zone number of the gate, and program zone x as not used.

I didn't know that Zone Mimic still operated if the zone is programmed out.

I'd have probably programmed as Custom.

What about using Auxillary alarm attribute?

This would make the programmed output (buzzer) latch on until you reset it.

Why not get a Normally Open Contact and wire it through a battery and a buzzer? Simples!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

We use the zone mimic option on fire doors, and on shutters outside fire doors. With the Prems the zone type only relates to the alarm side of things, so if progged as 'not used' it can still be used for outputs to follow etc. Its a bit like links on a Galaxy.

Breff's solution is the best option IMO, only need to buy a buzzer.

• 4 months later...

I think I have a solution which requires no extra buzzers. Maybe a little late and for the 48 but may work on the 24.

I'm a DIYer so may be totally wrong but this seems to work. I have a similar requirement. I have a small wood store where i like to have parcels delivered so kept unlocked. I want a chime on this so I know if it has been opened in the night. I will also fit a drive sensor to chime if someone enters the property. These have to chime ONLY at all times, Armed, Part or unarmed

I found that setting the zone type to custom then having only the Attribute for W-Warning Req set. nothing else selected on the other attributes pages. Then activating a chime for this zone. I'm not sure what the timer is for this attribute, default of 2 minutes though.

The result seems to be a chime when opening the wood store door, whether the alarm is armed part or unarmed. This will also be handy for the drive sensor, generating a bing bong from the garage speaker when someone walks down the drive.

I'm sure someone else can fill in on the details of Warning Req and any possible problems.

cheers

Archived