Security Installer Community

A Strange One To Start With!

Matt 딜

Sorry to go straight in with this but I just want to know what the 'industry standard' is, if there is one at all.

I work for a medium sized company and we are very busy. I leave every day around 7:30. My get home times range from 6 on a good day to 9 on a bad day. I also have to do admin when I arrive home.

Just wondering if you think these hours are particularily bad, or just average for the industry?

cheers in advance

Matt

Depends on position etc but.

A man owned a small small security firm in the UK...

The The Department for Business, Innovation & Skills claimed he was not paying proper

wages to his staff and sent an agent out to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.

"Well," replied the owner, "there's my engineer who's been with me for 3 years".

"I pay him £200 a week plus free vehicle and phone".

"The secretary has been here for 18 months, and I pay her £150 per week plus free fuel for her car".

"Then there's the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here".

"He makes about £10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night".

"He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to --- the half-wit," says the agent.

"That would be me," replied the owner.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Depends on position etc but.

Very good. Definately earn more than £10 a week (just) and I don't drink bourbon but the rest sounds familiar!

Matt - don't knock being busy mate, start to worry when you get sent home every day at 1300 - you might need to brush up on your interview skills and it won't be your decision.

or just average for the industry?

out of the house from 07:30 - 18:00 could be an average UK office job a with modest commute ?

my longest days have been just 8hrs on site with round trip of 550ml driving, I know others have had a day of work then call after call & done 24hrs or more on the tools

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Sorry to go straight in with this but I just want to know what the 'industry standard' is, if there is one at all.

I work for a medium sized company and we are very busy. I leave every day around 7:30. My get home times range from 6 on a good day to 9 on a bad day. I also have to do admin when I arrive home.

Just wondering if you think these hours are particularily bad, or just average for the industry?

cheers in advance

Matt

Depends entirely on what it says in your contract, I have engineers in a similar position to you, they do get paid overtime if they work over their time. They were told in the interview that they have to go up ladders work late and occasionally start early, and I regularly have to remind them of how they told me that this would not be a problem when I interviewed them.

Its bizzare but when i was an employee I never complained I just got on with it, I suppose thats how I got to where I am today

Archived