Security Installer Community

Dsc 1565 Classic Security System

Hi everyone,

First of all apologies if this is in the incorrect forum!

I'm currently trying to narrow down the reason as to why my ADSL is losing nearly over 1mb/s when plugged into my main phone socket as opposed to the test socket. I believe I've tracked it down to potential interference from the alarm system that this property has installed (unbeknownst to me as to why someone would install such a system in an area with literally 0 crime clearly more money than sense).

As the title states the system is a DSC 1565 classic, its main and only use since we've been here is the general idea of the time via the display. The previous owner did not leave any codes, nor a key to the metal box installed next to my phone socket.

Now what I want to do is completely remove the telephone line from the system incase of interference - at the moment every time I remove the faceplate for the phone socket (to test speeds in the test socket) the system flags up the 'Trouble' LED which wouldn't surprise me is then calling an 0870 without my knowledge.

What options have I got other than a) paying a fortune to someone/companyor b) taking a hammer to the metal box and circuits?

Is the system wired into the faceplate of the phone socket? As I said before I'm losing speed when I plug into the faceplate over the test socket - if the system isn't wired into the faceplate then I guess it isn't causing interference and it's a problem elsewhere.

Thanks for your time and any suggestions!!

(unbeknownst to me as to why someone would install such a system in an area with literally 0 crime clearly more money than sense).

insurance requirement or maybe they where a great deal more prudent than you ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Brilliant.

a youtube video of you hitting it with a hammer could be ?

you could always remove the mains power & telephone & let it run off the battery until it dies ?

you would then have the choice to smash with hammer or just remove any items which don't require a key to take apart...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Impossible to guess im afraid. Find the alarm control box and see if you can trace a cable to a bt socket. In theory it should connect in at master, and your line should run through it, in order it can grab the line if needed, but in practice it probably just sits as anothe phone device connected to your line. Have fun!

If it doesnt have an ADSL filter you should speak to your installer rather than DIYing it otherwise you could invalidate your contract with them. If the alarm doesnt work after you have played around with it and you have a burglary you will also of invalidated your insurance

Archived