Security Installer Community

Dsc 1565 Classic Security System

Where will the alarm integrate into the telephone line though? Through the faceplate of the main socket?

surely you can trace it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Appologies for upsetting you james, no, thats why i suggested moving to trade, where all are proven security engineers. I joined up here because of the huge potential benefit of being able to ask others advice. Not owning, or even wishing to own my own company i'm not even quite sure why this bothers me, but it does. Imo, by helping someone who is fringe to our own trade we are discouraging them from employing us. The majority of the work i personally do is as a subby to an electrician, and it seems to me we are shooting ourselves in the foot, is all

And sorry, i meant to restrict offerings to those that are blatantly trade, as opposed to diy. Diy alarms going off at random are bad for us all, even though we have nothing to do with them, and i agree we should help genuine diy

You havnt offended me mate in any way, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to discuss it as such.

I see what your saying but infomation on everything is on the net. You can't disinvent something. Everyone has to start somewhere but basic alarms are now IMO a consumer device. Wireless will continue this trend as most of the knowledge is electrical ie wiring and fault finding. The car industry had this issue many years ago now and they increased the complexity of their systems to get the cars back in the dealers. But for some reason many in our industry want to make it easier, rather than needing devices for programming etc we need home automation etc to increase the skill set required. Let's be fair if you can wire a plug you can wire a veritas. They have defaullt programming so they work out the box etc. And also we all try and do things oursleves such as replacing pbx systems, computer networks etc etc. We discuss these things and use other forums in our quest to do it ourselves. Yet when its our industry we try and stop it for some reason

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived