Security Installer Community

Pac System To Open Motorised Roller Shutter

J_G

There is already a existing motorised roller shutter door operated by a key switch.... How can we open and close this roller shutter remotely via the secure net software..... For instance at 8 o clock in the morning and at 5 at night??

The PAC system is being designed as we speak...

We do this but it needs caution.

I dont know pack but the principle will be the same.

The shutter needs to have limit switched that work. It also needs an emergency stop button and a safety beam. We also but a sounder and a strobe on them.

from your door control relay connect this to a timer relay, so that it will only drive the relevant relay for x seconds. then use one relay of up and one for sown and short out the relevant connections on the keyswitch.

You 'can' do it without the timer but if you do that then it will be like holding the key in one position or the other.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Back to the topic of I/O boards again.

Do PAC do one?? - i've not looked as i ain't gonna be fitting that stuff this side of christendom.

I/O board makes it easy and will also be suitable for the lift control issue you have.

Might be a useful exercise to have a look in the book of words called the manual.

Back to the topic of I/O boards again.

Might be a useful exercise to have a look in the book of words called the manual.

Why RTFM when everyone here will paint any T,D,Harry a picture?

Customers!

Why RTFM when everyone here will paint any T,D,Harry a picture?

I'm 99% sure that the OP has tubular motor which is controlled via a switch which provides mains to the brown or black & in turn rotates the barrel up / down.

You ain't going to be fitting safety beams or e-stops w/o a control panel nor should you be silly enough wiring relays parallel to the key switch.

The shutter is piece of machinery, should you crush somebodies granny when auto closing I suspect HSE will find it very easy to bend over those involved in heath robinson automation & teach them the errors of their ways

The OP needs to get in touch with a industrial door co. & ask them to install a door control panel t be driven off the relays of the access control

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I'm 99% sure that the OP has tubular motor which is controlled via a switch which provides mains to the brown or black & in turn rotates the barrel up / down.

You ain't going to be fitting safety beams or e-stops w/o a control panel nor should you be silly enough wiring relays parallel to the key switch.

The shutter is piece of machinery, should you crush somebodies granny when auto closing I suspect HSE will find it very easy to bend over those involved in heath robinson automation & teach them the errors of their ways

The OP needs to get in touch with a industrial door co. & ask them to install a door control panel t be driven off the relays of the access control

Got the same issue on a fire job at the min with internal shutters, I'm that concerned I might just have them only activate when the intruder alarm is set, just to confirm nobody is in the building.

Archived