Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20 Final Exit System Set

sirocco

I have a G2-20 system which is finally set by magnetic contacts located within the final exit door.

I am about to replace the door and am looking to install a means of setting the system without the need to have magnetic contacts in the door.

Currently I start the setting process by using a proximity tag at the keypad and then close the mag contacts in the final exit door within the delay period,

Qu. Does anyone know of an external proximity detector which I could mount on the wall next to the final exit door which I could program to be used with the same tag I use to start the setting process so I can close the door and then finalise the set with the same tag.

I want to avoid having to drill into this new door etc.

I had an ET button on my previous system but, would you believe it, lots of visitors mistook it for the door bell!

RE the door I was just looking for a method requiring minimal work to be carried out on the door. We will have a CCTV doorbell/intercom system and I thought some form of external proximity switch would sit alongside it on the wall.

Sounds like it's not so simple as I thought!

I want to avoid having to drill into this new door etc.

Because you don't want to drill into the new door or because you don't want to see any contact/cable??? If it's option 2 then flush the contact in?

Archived