Security Installer Community

Think Global. Act Local.

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this has ever come up for discussion before as I searched a few keywords but could not find anything.

Does any national network of credible security systems companies exist?

I'm sure most of you, like us find ourselves in the situation where one of our clients decides to open up a new office in a location that would stretch you to service it.

Of course the alternative is to use a subbie but when it comes to response and call-outs, that's not always the best.

So does anything exist where trusted providers come together, each servicing our respective geographical areas and help each other with our respective clients?

Although I couldn't find any examples close to our industry, for those of you who watch Dragon's Den know that Hilary Devey founded / runs Pallex, a centralised hub operation that brings together many hauliers around the UK.

Could this not be done for our sector?

Lots to discuss about this so let's see where your imaginations take you.......

We have the same problem and have used others in the past but found 90% take the p!ss... Although we have a very good company in Birmingham who we trust.. We cover the northwest for them and things seem to work very well between us.

Does any national network of credible security systems companies exist?

Aquila, Plexus etc

We have the same problem and have used others in the past but found 90% take the p!ss

Dealing with quite a few on a national platform i have to agree with this. I have found it better to ask for assistance from a few good men i have met rather than risk hanging myself with a network partner. The one offs go to the few good men by way of a thank you.

TBH i dont know how some co's make ends meet

Customers!

We have the same problem and have used others in the past but found 90% take the p!ss... Although we have a very good company in Birmingham who we trust.. We cover the northwest for them and things seem to work very well between us.

That rings a bell.

I did do the once in a blue moon job for a liverpool firm,

I have used a London firm & Glasgow firm to install ect... for us.

All found via looking at the inspecorates webby, I was hapy with what they did for us.

TBH double digits of the postcode is a chore :P

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

We are part of the Plexus group and get other Plexus companies to do work too far for us to be financially viable, We also do jobs for other Plexus companies

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Thanks for the feedback, ideas and suggestions.

i will definitely investigate more.

For those of you who have experience with organisations like Plexus, how do you deal with your Clients? Are they not expecting you to turn up in your own branding/livery?

It's funny that there seems to be a real stigma about using subcontractors in this sector whereas in the building/construction/fit-out sectors, it's highly accepted that there are sometimes 4-5 layers of contractors between Client and actual delivery - how they can all make money is anyone's guess...

Archived