Security Installer Community

In The Beginning, There Was The...erm...thingy!

TheGodSplinter

Oops!

I'm not allowed to, yet: " 'You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.' "

Rules are rules, folks.

Ian.

rules are here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/site-rules-and-disclaimer.html

I think its 5 posts before you can do anything but I am not 100% try now if you still cant modify let me know and I will look at your profile settings

license to even own a TV, even if it cannot receive TV stations

Well that's wrong for a start.

The licence is a receiving licence. If you have or get a TV that is unable to receive TV transmissions a licence is not required.

Playing videos from a video player, is ok, but not from a video recorder

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hi...

I'm simply posting, here, what I was told when I telephoned an enquiry, last year, just before my license fee was collected, by them, from the bank.

My questions included whether or not a non-functioning TV (therefore, one that is unable to receive TV signals) still commanded a license and the girl - and her supervisor - both said that just owning a TV brings a license fee. They asked if, at my last purchase of any TV, I was asked, by the shop's staff, what my postcode was, and I said yes to that. They then repeated that just owning a TV in my home meant that I had to have a license.

I am inclined to believe what you have told me here, though. Thanks for that.

Ian.

Hi...

rules are here http://www.thesecuri...disclaimer.html

I think its 5 posts before you can do anything but I am not 100% try now if you still cant modify let me know and I will look at your profile settings

Thanks for that. I just tried again and this is the message that I received...

"...

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ibf_error_logs (`log_member`,`log_date`,`log_error`,`log_error_code`,`log_ip_address`,`log_request_uri`) VALUES(37583,1326664548,'You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

',1026,'212.183.140.14','/community/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core')

..."

I hope that this helps, in some way.

Ian.

DING!

Well, that seems to have done the trick! Thanks for you help.

Take a look at the brand new, shiny Crime board and let me know if you're happy with the link remaining in my profile. Some boards have been a touch sensitive about it, thinking it'll be crammed with spam, later. I come down on spam like the red hot anvil from Hell - it's like a mission-in-life, to me!

Thanks for everything, guys.

Ian.

Oh...

Okay. What was the offending bit? It might apply everywhere, online, and it helps to know.

If, for any reason, you're unhappy with the link, I'd understand if you preferred to exclude it. I've owned, Adminned and Modded boards for around 10-14 hours a day, for 12 years, or so, and I know how careful you have to be. I'm housebound, so I have plenty of time on my hands.

Spam, after all, is a cancer in the Net.

(To be totally honest, it's such an cumbersome and ugly looking link, I'm glad that you did that!)

Ian.

Archived