Security Installer Community

Standing Order Info

bm_99

Hey all, just finished setting my arc account so can start monitoring (no police cover yet) but wanted to find out what info do i need to get from customers R.E starting up a monthly standing order and also do they need to intiate the payment and or take the paperwork to their bank or should i take it to mine?

Thanks

Standing order is a ball ache, you wont be notified if a customer cancels so you need to watch the figures to make sure nobody cancels, direct debit on the other hand is much more simple made much harder by the banks

Standing order is a ball ache, you wont be notified if a customer cancels so you need to watch the figures to make sure nobody cancels, direct debit on

*Ding. Handy for late payers though. Do your S/o so they pay in advance, then dont show up for months!

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

forgive my ignorence people but whats the difference between standing order and a direct debit.

also i understand its better to take money in advance but people just prefer to pay in monthly installements, think the way the economy is at the moment its easier for them

I would love the money in advance lol

DD cant be cancelled by the customer, but the bank wants your first born child as security S/O can be cancelled at anytime by the customer when you have hundreds of them it is quite difficult to keep track of who (if anyone) has cancelled

Archived