Security Installer Community

What Type Of Paper, Carbon?

bm_99

As far as I am aware the only way to get more than one 'copy' in a single pass is by using an 'impact' printer ie dot matrix or daisy ball type using special paper (has carbon type stuff already in it).

not really sure i want to change the printer lol

you could buy NCR paper sheets & run though you bubble jet printer,

however I expect its cheaper & less hassle to go an online printer,

http://www.cheapncrforms.co.uk/

I think someone else on the forum recommended to me & I was pleased with the product

bubble jet meaning the same as my officejet? and could any NCR paper sheets work?

Also how do the rest of you lot print double copies or copies for customers that you can also write on?

yes officejet isjust HP's name for a bubble jet printer,

I don't print any NCR forms at work,

However NCR sets can be bought of ebay, why not run some though your printer & report back to forum what the results are?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

yes officejet isjust HP's name for a bubble jet printer,

I don't print any NCR forms at work,

However NCR sets can be bought of ebay, why not run some though your printer & report back to forum what the results are?

no problem, so NCR is just a type of paper to buy like carbon? and perhaps be bought from any office type of store?

And if my thinkin is correct lol, then a single piece of ncr would go below a normal paper when printing and also when writing and or signing? so the ink goes through 2 pieces of paper?

I don't think you'll get NCR at staples, either online or a printers paper supplies typr of place

I think you' have to print a top then bottom copy, when you put both together a ballpoint pen or type writer will transfer from top to bottom paper

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

We pay around 80-100 for 10 pads of 50 job sheets on NCR paper - you get a pink copy and a white copy, customer keeps the pink copy, white copy (with the original signature) is used to update alarm master, invoice then gets scanned and shredded.

no problem, so NCR is just a type of paper to buy like carbon? and perhaps be bought from any office type of store?

NCR means No Carbon Required, the paper is chemically treated instead.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

We got ours from ebay - 3 set ones (White top, Yellow middle, red bottom). Its got perferations along the long edge, and we use a colour laser to print on our job sheet, which we designed ourselves.

Much cheaper to do it this way than use a printing company - off the top of my head, we paid £15 for 250 sets.

Means you can alter job sheets as and when needed too - with one client with several outlets and the same cctv kit throughout the estate, we've created one set of paperwork for the sites to do standard services with - so nobody misses any bits of the job.

One copy gets left with the client, one for the installer to keep in their job file, and one for accounts. That way, everyone knows whats going on with a quote or job, and what's been done to a system.

George

Archived