Security Installer Community

What Type Of Paper, Carbon?

bm_99

We got ours from ebay - 3 set ones (White top, Yellow middle, red bottom). Its got perferations along the long edge, and we use a colour laser to print on our job sheet, which we designed ourselves.

Much cheaper to do it this way than use a printing company - off the top of my head, we paid £15 for 250 sets.

Means you can alter job sheets as and when needed too - with one client with several outlets and the same cctv kit throughout the estate, we've created one set of paperwork for the sites to do standard services with - so nobody misses any bits of the job.

One copy gets left with the client, one for the installer to keep in their job file, and one for accounts. That way, everyone knows whats going on with a quote or job, and what's been done to a system.

George

Would a normal bubblejet/ officejet printer also do the same job as your laser one?

• 4 weeks later...

if you put all 3 sheets through at once it will only print on the top copy. That may suffice but probably not. As mentioned above you need an impact printer. We used a 3 sheet system and printed them on a dot matrix. But they used to be dirt cheap but now they are a bit dearer cos this is the only thing they are any good for now.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We pay around 80-100 for 10 pads of 50 job sheets on NCR paper - you get a pink copy and a white copy, customer keeps the pink copy, white copy (with the original signature) is used to update alarm master, invoice then gets scanned and shredded.

we have three, one in the office, one for customer and one stays in the book incase any forms are lost. pay about £100 -130 for 20 books of 50, bound and perforated. Can't understand why anyone would print their own.

We by plain NCR paper i think its about £15 for a set of 250. White top and Yellow back. The box is allready alternated with the colours. So i can just load the printer up and print. Have to print 2 copies of sheets but it works well.

Its good because i am always tweaking our job sheets to make them better. I hadnt though about doing different job sheets for different jobs like with more info and such. The jobsheets are generated through our CASH system so all the info the engineers need gets printed straight onto the job sheet.

I just have to book the job through the CASH system click print then change the copies to 2 and click ok. The template is allready setup and will mailmerge the relevant information onto the sheet.

office booked calls (ie in hours) all have a printed sheet. We use plain pre printed dockets for out of hours.

so how do u get your printed sheet to the engineer 15 miles away from the office but only a mile or two from the fault thats just come in?

Archived