Security Installer Community

Check Your Credit Reports!

RichL

C&P from another site.

I'm assisting with the analysis of digital evidence for fraud crimes concerning persons living in private Apartments.

MO: public access letterboxes being manipulated and letters obtained fairly easily with thin fingers or a coat hanger. Over multiple visits - first few obtain utility bill/s, subsequent receive card/notification letters to avoid the defrauded individual from knowing.

Multiple people have spotted African males doing this and numerous pieces of evidence have been obtained. When challenged they have left the scene.

Initially, random individuals received correspondence informing them of their account creation with substantial overdrafts. After some further checks, it appears that loans and CCs have been taken out, and intercepted prior to receipt by the account holder.

Credit checks against the targeted individuals have revealed that over a period of several weeks multiple credit searches had been conducted.

Whilst this appears to be unique to private/luxury apartments in the North-East, i'd strongly urge you to check your Credit Reports and monitor Credit Searches and of course, if any unexpected accounts have popped up.

If you notice anything out of the ordinary, notify the bank in question, the credit ref agencies (bank should do this at your behest) and also phone the Police - as there is a national team looking into this and related cases right now.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived