Security Installer Community

Ipaq 5450

morph

Got and ipaq but every time the battery runs flat, it looses all its settings.

Is there an internal battery that should hold these settings or can I only do this with the use of a secure digital (SD) card?

Any help would be appreciated.

Colin.

i've got a 4150 - it's just the same. Left it switched on in the car-lost everything but restored it all with active-sync backup

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I have now found out a bit more from an Ipaq dedicated Forum, apparently allthough the memory is battery backed, it will still loose the everthing. This is because once the main battery has run out, the internal battery is only designed to hold it it for a few hours basically enough time to get it back on charge.

I new about activesync back up, but that not alaways possible if you are out of the office, does anyone know if you can save the back up on the SD card and then restore it from there?

Colin.

Hi Colin,

I have a 2210 and there is no actual 'back up battery' as such, just a portion of the main battery assigned for back up purposes!! :o:o I have had the same problem when I returned from holiday this year :no: . You can back up to SD card in the menu then restore from the same. :yes:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

How annoying, so these are designed with no means of backup, and dead battery means a loss of settings.

I aint buying one then.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

There's obviously something wrong somewhere, either you've got old PDA's or I'm lucky but on a few occasions I have left my PDA battery to run totally flat and not recharged for several\a few days and I've never lost anything.

Got Ipaq 5555 same as Lurch left it for days (well lost it in the glove Box) recharge it and it was fine.

Anybody know of software that our industry use that will go on a IPAQ, would love Galaxy Gold on it for programming links. I think technistore remote reset software is the only i have seen but dont need it, ARC takes care of resets.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived