Security Installer Community

How Did You Decide What Bell Type To Go For And How Long To Design It?

bm_99

Hey people, just wondering how long it took everyone else in the trade to decide what type of bells to go for, e.g. texecom ody 3, pyronix delta etc.. or what are the main types you use if more than 1

and also how long did it take you to design them?

As i've been trying to come up with a decent design for ages and just havent had the time to narrow it down to the 1 I like, plus once this is sorted it out i can get stickers designed for panels, keypad and other bells (customer blank bells)

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

We spent ages looking for a 'unique' bell design. We have used 6 designs since 1989. We were using the ventcroft vision but have recently changed to the HKC. As i predict that standard requirements will enforce intelligent/monitored bells you will be limited to using a bell compatible with your panel of choice. Or use a 12 core lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We spent ages looking for a 'unique' bell design.

The ventcroft vision (underpants box) is used by my local cowboy, however "unique" a product is its only a matter of time before some spackers flogging it of a website :P

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Jnealon I have found the opposite ie install friendly, but I think a bubble would be better than that ball bearing level, I also like the leds that light up to see the terminals for those late winter finishes

Mr h, true

When you have a few if them in the van the bearings swirl every time you brake or take a corner.

The level needs to be sorted, when I was in HKC one of the design guys was mocking up the new sabb and he was using a bubble level, not sure where they went wrong

The lids were giving tamper problems early on

No engineer hold-off

The strobe effect isn't great

dunno about the bubble but agree the bearing isnt great, we just ignore it and use a normal level.

re the strobe there are 2 versions afaik, one with a xenon and one using those ultra bright led's. We prefer the lower current demand of the led's and ive never been a fan of high voltage strobes due to a bad experience many years ago with an armourflash and back emf crashing panels. well it crashed the castles we were using at the time.

No tamper problems yet, i assume early on you mean on the older units

Engineer hold off good point, never had it on any bell we used so dont miss it, ill pass on the suggestion.

Archived