Security Installer Community

Vcl/honeywell

shifty 1

Despite the JVC and Honeywell/VCL being the same protocol (I am assuming), this does not mean they use the same commands to access the menu, etc. Only certain commands are standard such as the control and zoom.

It just means the command programmed for the menu button is not the one for the VCL but you still can bring up the camera menu by using the standard commands, you just need to know the code and sequence. For example, you may enter 84 and go preset to bring up the menu. The JVC would have a similar command but the string is already programmed behind the menu button.

come on chaps try and help if you can,i think digitalwitness is close in what he is saying you no what its like im getting it in the ear big time off the wife saying that i have brought a load of junk off ebay and all that,but i dont think i have. is just that i dont have the experience and no how. but trying hard. so come on never mind going down the pub come here and help.also when i make a post it comes up twice i dont no why :!:

come on chaps try and help if you can,i think digitalwitness is close in what he is saying you no what its like im getting it in the ear big time off the wife saying that i have brought a load of junk off ebay and all that,but i dont think i have. is just that i dont have the experience and no how. but trying hard. so come on never mind going down the pub come here and help.also when i make a post it comes up twice i dont no why :!:

well its D day tommorow thats dads day you will be waiting for your cards off the kids and you will be waiting for the ? off the wife and you no what she will say what did i get on mothers day. so forget all that and go to bed thinking how to solve my dome problem.have a nice one. :yes:

Not sure about the videoswitch keyboard but the VCL keyboard has a "Lock" button. To access menus the combinations are '9090 lock' for one menu and '4141 lock' for the other. If no lock button no access me thinks!

Not sure about the videoswitch keyboard but the VCL keyboard has a "Lock" button. To access menus the combinations are '9090 lock' for one menu and '4141 lock' for the other. If no lock button no access me thinks!

hello mate thanks for the reply i had a go at that still no joy thanks for trying to help me,im not going to give up on it.with help off you blokes i will get there in the end,like i said thanks to the people that are replying, to those who haven't replied yet i no your thinking about it.best regards. :hmm:

hello, as you can see in the photos the protocol is set all in the off position which i believe is vcl standard and i select the dome by pressing no 5 on the keyboard and all works but cannot access camera menu the dome stays in color it don't change to b/w at night that's why i need to access the menu.also by holding the ALT and F1 key you should switch between col/bl/white this don't work on the videoswitch keyboard, but this part i did get that to work on a universal keyboard when using a pelco D protocol like i say i need it to change to black/white. it connected by twisted pair. her is the link to the dome.many thanks. http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/shifty48/

Does the System OK LED flash on the Orbiter when you give it a command (Move the joystick or press ALT+F2) etc?

Is there a reason the dome is set to address 5, will it work on address 1 (all switches on)?

Have you set the keyboard up at all or have you just plugged in the camera to Domes-1?

Does the System OK LED flash on the Orbiter when you give it a command (Move the joystick or press ALT+F2) etc?

Is there a reason the dome is set to address 5, will it work on address 1 (all switches on)?

Have you set the keyboard up at all or have you just plugged in the camera to Domes-1?

hi,the red led flashes when i command ALT+F2 but nothing happens.if i press ALT+F1 the dome turns round it flashes when i move the joy stick it zooms in/out and pans left/right the auto and manual focus works and the iris auto or manual works.there is no reason it is set to address 5. i will try address 1 and all switches on but i am sure i have done before. i will try it now and see what happens.thanks

Archived