Security Installer Community

Vcl/honeywell

shifty 1

hi i hope some one can help i have a vcl/honeywell dome orbiter and it has 8 dip switches for the address and 4 dips for the protocl settings these are on the top board it is connected to my vi,k2 videoswitch keyboard via twisted pair,all works fine zoom in/out and pan up/down/left/right focus/iris all works ok,but i cannot access the camera menu the info i have tells me to press the dome key+menu but this dont work also by holding the alt key and the f2 key it should turn to bl/white but no joy.my jvc dome that is also connected to my keyboard works fine and i can access the menu the same way.on initialization the vcl dome it dont show info,regards stan.

I could be wrong but as far as I remember if you have no info during boot-up you have no OSD as well (old vcl cam)

thanks for the reply on boot up theres no osd just picture flicking then locks and all works fine but like i said cannot get in to camera menu,as soon i can do it i can get some one to fit it on my house.thanks for the info darian23.thanks again mate have a nice weekend cheers

Despite the JVC and Honeywell/VCL being the same protocol (I am assuming), this does not mean they use the same commands to access the menu, etc. Only certain commands are standard such as the control and zoom.

It just means the command programmed for the menu button is not the one for the VCL but you still can bring up the camera menu by using the standard commands, you just need to know the code and sequence. For example, you may enter 84 and go preset to bring up the menu. The JVC would have a similar command but the string is already programmed behind the menu button.

ok thanks for the reply i think your right im on the right path i will have a bash nice one thank you again for you info cheers have a good weekend :rolleyes:

ok thanks for the reply i think your right im on the right path i will have a bash nice one thank you again for you info cheers have a good weekend :rolleyes:

Despite the JVC and Honeywell/VCL being the same protocol (I am assuming), this does not mean they use the same commands to access the menu, etc. Only certain commands are standard such as the control and zoom.

It just means the command programmed for the menu button is not the one for the VCL but you still can bring up the camera menu by using the standard commands, you just need to know the code and sequence. For example, you may enter 84 and go preset to bring up the menu. The JVC would have a similar command but the string is already programmed behind the menu button.

hi thanks for the reply. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: today i have tried that many code sequences on the keyboard i found my self doing them on the tv remote, does any one out there no the code sequence or what ever it needs to get into the camera menu.i have looked all through the forum and i have bin have a go at this for over a week any help will do thanks.

hi thanks for the reply. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: today i have tried that many code sequences on the keyboard i found my self doing them on the tv remote, does any one out there no the code sequence or what ever it needs to get into the camera menu.i have looked all through the forum and i have bin have a go at this for over a week any help will do thanks.

Archived