Security Installer Community

Had My First False Alarm Today :(

Turned the sensivity right down and switched on the double knock function. On walk test mode the Viper only triggers when I give the door/frame a double clout with a....tablespoon, teaspoon won't trigger it. A single tap now doesn't trigger it, which makes sense with the double knock. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Oh yeah and when I get a second more I'll hook up the LEDs and fit a couple more as you suggested Breff.

I was at work and the mobile started shouting about the French windows.

Le Patio Door?

On walk test mode the Viper only triggers when I give the door/frame a double clout with a....tablespoon, teaspoon won't trigger it. A single tap now doesn't trigger it, which makes sense with the double knock.

cutlery fetish?, what do the locals think of the english man hitting his window frames with spoons?

you want your sensors setting up for gross attack either calibation tool which is a centre punch with a square end or right good **** with a screwdriver handle.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

cutlery fetish?, what do the locals think of the english man hitting his window frames with spoons?

or right good **** with a screwdriver handle.

LOL

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Pigeon trying to fly through the window??

Had that happen twice in recent weeks - Patio doors & kitchen window.

Got a spanking photo of the imprint left on the window by the daft sod as it flew full whack into it.

Rats with wings.....

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Turned the sensivity right down and switched on the double knock function. On walk test mode the Viper only triggers when I give the door/frame a double clout with a....tablespoon, teaspoon won't trigger it. A single tap now doesn't trigger it, which makes sense with the double knock. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Oh yeah and when I get a second more I'll hook up the LEDs and fit a couple more as you suggested Breff.

Only you know your house, I just assumed you had them on all windows, I wasnt suggesting more be fitted, depends on the size of door/window.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I have an anti-vandal dome, a 500w halogen and a D-Tect2 on all four corners of the house. I don't think they've noticed the spoons...

you want your sensors setting up for gross attack either calibation tool which is a centre punch with a square end

Thanks for the advice :) Is it actually worth going out and getting a proper calibration tool especially since I may install more of these?

right **** with a screwdriver handle.

Come to think of it that's probably what the neighbour thinks of me :lol:

Archived