Security Installer Community

Honeywell Irpi800M

m2000

I agree with above.

Most sensors are set to the lowest pulse count for pet immunity, if adjusted it will no longer be pet immune.

It's also possible the sensor has gone slow/faulty over time, mention the PIR to your service engineer when he comes.

Well, a bit unscientific I confess... Basically by someone REALLY thumping/ banging on the door,. Previously that woulnt have triggered, but by gradually turning the potentiometer until it did trigger I hav got it to what I think is about ight.

"Shock" sensors are designed to detect high frequency vibration caused by the action of forced entry, NOT, 'REALLY thumping/ banging on the door'.

You've now broken your contract with ADT and caused a high false alarm risk with your action.

Playing with the movement detector will give even more problems.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hi,

I adjusted the shock sensor on back door without any resetting being required, I had to open it up and adjust a potentiometer thing,put lid back on and all was fine.

He system can be reset by remote call centre in any event I believe.

Thanks

Just spotted this, your system connected to ADT's ARC?

Did you not have the Police requirements to False Activations explained?

Good luck, I don't expect you to have a 'Police' alarm for very long, the URN will be withdrawn & the system will have to be audible only.

Then, what happens then you ask.

Suggest you ask ADT, again good luck.

If you lift the lid, you'll cause a tamper fault

Depending on how its programmed you may need an engineer reset to clear it

Another thing (I read backwards), you did get a tamper warning when you lifted the lid, didn't you?

If not, it has not been installed correctly.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

If you lift the lid, you'll cause a tamper fault

Depending on how its programmed you may need an engineer reset to clear it

Another thing (I read backwards), you did get a tamper warning when you lifted the lid, didn't you?

Just spotted this, your system connected to ADT's ARC?

Did you not have the Police requirements to False Activations explained?

Good luck, I don't expect you to have a 'Police' alarm for very long, the URN will be withdrawn & the system will have to be audible only.

Then, what happens then you ask.

Suggest you ask ADT, again good luck.

Hello

Sorry for delay in replying.

The system is on personal key holder response only , not a full police response contract.

There was a tamper, but by inputting my main code it reset it.

"Shock" sensors are designed to detect high frequency vibration caused by the action of forced entry, NOT, 'REALLY thumping/ banging on the door'.

You've now broken your contract with ADT and caused a high false alarm risk with your action.

Playing with the movement detector will give even more problems.

Point taken. I will leave as is. Thanks for your advice.

Archived