Security Installer Community

Honeywell Irpi800M

m2000

Hi,

I have The above pet immune PIRs on my ADT Domonial system. According to the sales literature for the PIRs the sensitivity levels can be adjusted.

I want to make the PIRs a bit more sensitive and have a feeling it's been set to the least sensitive option,

I only have a small dog and want to do a bit of tweaking.

Can anyone help with straight forward instructions?

Thanks in advance

I would imagine that would mean getting an engineer out from ADT to manually adjust a setting in the PIR

If your not having problems with it picking up your dog then I honestly wouldn't mess with it

Pets and PIR's don't mix and pet detectors aren't great

Hey Ho, Lets Go

What detectors do you use?

Found they're great when the pet stays on the floor but in most circumstances (usually involving a cat) they will be triggered at some point.

My personal opinion is either keep pets out of the protected area or go for perimeter detection

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Hi

Well I managed to programme up some fobs without ADT and they work fine, not sure about the PIR though.

The PIR in the hall is fine, but the one in lounge is a bit sluggish, well very sluggish and takes quite a lot of any movement before it activates.

I believ there are dip switches inside the PIR, but I don't know what the settings are for the sensitivity hence why asking.

If anyone has the settings it would be helpful.

Thanks guys

Hi,

I adjusted the shock sensor on back door without any resetting being required, I had to open it up and adjust a potentiometer thing,put lid back on and all was fine.

He system can be reset by remote call centre in any event I believe.

Thanks

^ now you've done the above, how do you know if its set up correctly?

Well, a bit unscientific I confess... Basically by someone REALLY thumping/ banging on the door,. Previously that woulnt have triggered, but by gradually turning the potentiometer until it did trigger I hav got it to what I think is about ight.

I personally wouldn't be messing with it. Its obviously under contract, you are potentially invalidating any guarantees ADT will have given you. If you had a break in for instance, and the alarm dintn't go off on a sensor you'd adjusted, ADT could tell through the panels log that you'd been in it (it will log system tampers)....

Just a thought ;)

Archived