Security Installer Community

Texecom Excel Intermittent Faults

Thanks all. To answer the various questions:

"Been up and HAD A LOOK INSIDE the SA or EWB as it's supposed to be called now?" - not today, too wind round here at present to venture up the ladder; hopefully better conditions tomorrow. However, did look the other day and there was nothing obvious. If it is the switch then it must be very sensitive.

"...V between 12v and SAB tamper?" - 13.05v

"...current" - measured at what point: mains, board AC, ...?

"...past and future also" - shall just nip in the time machine and check :whistle:

Any thoughts on the strobe not working?

Thanks all. To answer the various questions:

Any thoughts on the strobe not working?

yes, your bellbox is faulty, probably the rain we`re have recently.

edit - or conversely the sunshine we`ve been having lately.

"...current" - measured at what point: mains, board AC, ...?

in line of the battery, mains on, then off then alarm

however as IAS stand EWD

"...past and future also" - shall just nip in the time machine and check :whistle:

delorean?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

At random points I got (in sequence):

- Bell/System Tamper Alarm

- ALARM Activated

- Bell/System Tamper Restore

...all in the space of less than a second (according to the log via the UDL software) and these events occur whether the alarm is set or not and without anyone touching the system. And whenever the alarm is set the sounder goes off.

Looked at the sounder yet? That's where the system is telling you the problem is, it's not rocket science.

It happens, duff SA battery, damp, expansion/contraction of the lid, live stock, not screwed to the wall correctly, bad joint, the list goes on.

Forget all the power measurements, UDL etc and check what THE PANEL is telling you is wrong, it knows.

To TEMP cure the problem while spending another year scratching your head, remove the Tamper Return wire from the Sounder and replace with a link of wire from the NEG HOLD OFF to the TAMPER RETURN position. This will bypass your year old problem.

Have a cup of tea, you're trying to get too technical, making a mountain out of a mole hill.

( I've had a bad night )

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived