Security Installer Community

Wintex - Chime

zurrieq

Set a zone to chime in the zone menu.

Then...

Simply in day mode (unset) press the chime button on the keypad and it toggles the chime on and off..

That was easy :)

Can I make the speaker connection to chime? I have the sound bomb attached to this connection.

That was easy :)

Can I make the speaker connection to chime? I have the sound bomb attached to this connection.

Speakers and sounders are different things and go in different connections.

Speakers - do all the different types of tones. (wired to the loudspeaker terminals 16ohm)

Sounders - only sound in alarm with the bell (wired to the bell + and bell trig terminals)

A sound bomb is a sounder and should never be fitted to the speaker terminals.

I mentioned this to you in a previous post, you cannot get fire/chime/advisory tones on a sounder (sound bomb).

I mentioned this to you in a previous post, you cannot get fire/chime/advisory tones on a sounder (sound bomb).

You can get them to trigger the device though using the right outputs, you wouldn't exactly want chime on a soundbomb though tbh :lol:

Hey Ho, Lets Go

You can get them to trigger the device though using the right outputs, you wouldn't exactly want chime on a soundbomb though tbh :lol:

Trigger at the correct time, yes.

Distinguish the different tones, not really.

You would need to use an output programmed correctly. Also

they draw too much current for the Premiers outputs so you will need a relay.

Speakers and sounders are different things and go in different connections.

Speakers - do all the different types of tones. (wired to the loudspeaker terminals 16ohm)

Sounders - only sound in alarm with the bell (wired to the bell + and bell trig terminals)

A sound bomb is a sounder and should never be fitted to the speaker terminals.

Got your point. The advantage I have with the current setup (i.e. incorrectly attaching the soundbomb with the speaker outputs) is that it is linked to the keypad sounds. The entry/exit tones and other tones emitted by a keypad as well as when the entry delay time expires... these sound on the keypads and replicate on the soundbomb (amplificated of course). When the alarm is activated, then the soundbomb kicks in together with the external sounder. The method suggested in your post would only mean that I get a soundbomb when the alarm is triggered. Is this such a bad installation that needs to be changed?

However as you rightly said, I have a Quad Piezo internal sounder and not a speaker.

Archived