Security Installer Community

Galaxy 60 / Galaxy 3-48 / 3-144

rossibufc

Hello all. I know this is probally not possible but does anyone know a way of defaulting the master/engineer codes on Galaxy 60 or 3-48 or 3-144 panels. Is it just the grade 2 that can be defaulted or does anyone know a way round it.

The company I work for is in the process of taking over nearly 80 sites. 99% of these sites have these panels but the previous alarm company knew they were losing the contract and on there last maintenance visit changed engineer code from their usual code to a code only they know. They wont play ball even to do call out to put code back to default.

If anyone knew a way it would save me and another engineer having to crash each system. Most sites have redcare GSM, smokecloaks,max readers, fobs all of which takes time to work out what outputs are what etc etc.

I know its a long shot but if anyone can sugest any way round it it would be very much appreciated.

cheers.

They must allow the customer to pay for a visit to default the code.

Speak to Nacoss about their conduct?

Thats for the boss to do that, but while everyone argues about it me and the other engineer are out taking systems over which usually involves crashing system. Its just a real pain in the ****. I would be delighted if anyone knew a way round it if only for my sanity.

better to crash anyway, if they have left under bad terms who knows what else they have done and it will now be your liability. So stop looking for an 'easy fix', grab the bull by the horns, crash and reprogramme and sleep well on a night.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

agreed firm arnt breaking any rules. There are ways in but wont be discussed on the public side.

But as above take the lappy it wont take long to crash and prog back up, then you know its a 100%. You would be accepting liabilities for unknown issues in the current programming that only the prev alarm co would have documented

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived