Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 / Odyssey Strobe Flashing

petej

Hi

My Son and Daughter have just bought an old house to renovate, it will be empty for around 1 year whilst we carry out the work, we will have to leave tools and other equipment there so we thought it would be as well to install an alarm just for the visual deterrent value so we fitted a Veritas 8 with a Oddysey alarm box. At this moment in time we have only fitted the control panel, key pad, alarm box and a door contact as the whole house is being gutted and rewired. It has been fitted about 6 weeks with no problem but on setting it and leaving the house tonight I noticed that the strobe flashed in the alarm box about 7 times (no alarm sounded) and then stopped but the flashing led's were just both flashing slowly as usual, Is this normal ? I have never noticed it do that before.

I went back in the house and every thing was in order, unset the alarm (no faults showing) reset the alarm and it did the same thing again.

I can see nothing in the instructions about this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Pete

Quite normal,the default setting for 'strobe flash on full set', options 2 in the manual,is on.

Basically it just visually let's you know that the alarm has set-in case you cannot hear the speaker tones.

Thanks Rutland and Adi for the quick reply We left most things set to default in the programming as it is only very basic at the moment until we fit the other contacts and Pir's, I must just never have noticed it before, since we fitted it.

Thanks again.

Pete

Archived