Security Installer Community

New Alarm Installation - Design Layout Advice

27motorhead

I feel an amended drawing coming on, the current one is now totally obsolete!

what are you using to draw the plans, I assume autocad & maybe its your trade ?

Yes! Subsidence!!! :) and it still wasn't THAT cheap!!!

He's actually a world famous conductor whose returned to his native Finland... Give it 50 years and we could get a Blue Plaque on our house...

did a house (alarm + elec bits) c/w blue plague that was featured on telly with subsidence,

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

since your not rising to th leg pulling, what are you usin to draw the plans ?

Using 2D editor from SolidWorks. It's a copy of AutoCAD which is not too bad to be honest.

I'm an Industrial Designer so use 3D modelling software which comes in very handy. I've completely 3D modelled our house and garden, it's been SO handy for bathroom and kitchen layouts, in fact everything, especially when there's complex setting out.

Alarm drawing is pretty poor to be honest, but plenty good enough as a start point, outline of house was created by just slicing through a section of the house

thanks thats good info, I use visio to make simple floor plans with picture & shapes for alarm bits,

back in the day I used to work nationally on potable buildings (brick clad hospital wards/ sure start nursery's ect) which showed the intended cable routea in the manner yours do ? hence aussming it your trade

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

thanks thats good info, I use visio to make simple floor plans with picture & shapes for alarm bits,

back in the day I used to work nationally on potable buildings (brick clad hospital wards/ sure start nursery's ect) which showed the intended cable routea in the manner yours do ? hence aussming it your trade

I'm dyslexic (like most creatives apparently!) so it's drawings all the way for me, I avoid writing at all costs if I can.

Thanks for keeping me amused and sidetracking me. I'm off, got some door drawings to amend!

Will post amended alarm drawing once done if you guys don't mind having a look.

Ta!

are you going to keep it in a glass case in the hallway when you have finished?

NO WAY!!! :) I intend to actually enjoy the house and forget about all the renovating if I can!!!

Archived