Security Installer Community

Montex Monitoring

looops

Plug a unicom or printcom on to one of the com ports

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Yes but what protocol. Does it support a serial printer? That would be ascii.

But for not a lot of money you could use a digicom and send everything to a proper arc?

Good point tbh. How much is a Digicom and ARC for a year?

It won't be plain text that's transmitted and it will work on a challenge system, ie some 2 way comms before any useful data is sent. We had to jump through a few hoops when we wrote our own sia over ip receiver

Port traffic you might be able to detect, or maybe hook into the montex log files?

James!

Sorry did you say wrote your own ip reciever for Sia - Tell me more...

Montex

I had a hell of a time getting help from texe for this, as in like no manual available, not many guys at tech were able to help. I

have a reciever up and running but nobody seems to want to use it for connections . waste of time

To be fair steve you need a panel, if I used texecom id oblige as it is only cant.

RE the sia thing we bought the sia over reg and the hex codes etc are in there. I will at some point see if I can get it to work over sip.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

To be fair steve you need a panel, if I used texecom id oblige as it is only cant.

RE the sia thing we bought the sia over reg and the hex codes etc are in there. I will at some point see if I can get it to work over sip.

Im sure me and steve are both waiting a further explanation- Ie getting it working over sip?

Im confused ?? Sia already works over sip or are we talking a different method?

I know - I'll get around to it one day but it's way down my list of priorities.

Re SIA over IP: Our SIP based solution seems to handle it OK, but from research I found that without a certain router feature at both ends it should not be relied upon 100%. We have no demand for it, so it's not something we will develop further.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

I know - I'll get around to it one day but it's way down my list of priorities.

I intend to test it across the office, I have the kit here to mock a standalone system up, once I proved it at mine I can see no reason why we can't fire some data at you ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived